Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross-posted from the Rally America forums:

I am both happy and relieved to announce that our competitor and volunteer registration systems are now up and running.

http://www.oregontrailrally.com

I am very sorry it took so long. I'm not going to bore you with excuses, but it has been a bit of a challenge this year.

It is going to be a good rally. Tech & registration will be Friday morning and afternoon, as well as some spectator stages Friday night at Portland International Raceway (no drag race this year). Saturday will take us back to some of the glorious stages in the Tillamook area, and Sunday will be the Hwy 26/Vernonia stages. Current plans have 12 stage miles Friday, 65 Saturday, and 50 Sunday over 17 stages all told.

I will try to post a proper schedule soon so that you can plan your movement schedules and fuel/tire allocations. Service will be in one area each day, so crews will not have to relocate during the day. I will also post information soon about the practice stage and fuel availability (we do expect to have a Sunoco fuel vendor, we are just hammering out the distribution schedule). Supp Regs will be a bit longer yet, but there should not be any surprises there.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and I thank you all for your patience. We really are going to have a rally, and I think it will be a great one.

Cheers!

Ben

Edit to correct typo.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ben,
Thanks for the info. How far is the Performance Warehouse from Portland International Raceway? I'm sort of assuming it's not more than a couple of miles.
Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah Dave, it's real close. The Raceway is on one side ot Interstate 5, and performance wharehouse is on the other. Just under the overpass and you are there.

--
All opinion are of my own, and not that of Oregon Region SCCA or Oregon Rally Group, unless otherwise noted.

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>Thanks for the info. How far is the Performance Warehouse
>from Portland International Raceway? I'm sort of assuming
>it's not more than a couple of miles.
>Dave

Ha ha, this is Ben logging in as Christian (hi from New York!).

Performance Warehouse is literally just the other side of I-5 from PIR. There is nowhere for an inside tech at PIR, and it is Oregon in the spring, so we wanted to keep our scrutineering staff at least somewhat dry (assuming normal conditions in springtime Oregon).

Maps/addresses will be in the Supps, hopefully to be released early next week (just working on a few last details).

Ben

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm a little confused about the various sub-events at Oregon Trail. I'm a newbie and would like to get as much driving in as possible. How is the National event different from the regional event? Is it just a point scoring thing, or are there actually different stages? I'm not sure what to register for...

Colby

·
Driver & Navi
827 Posts
>I'm a little confused about the various sub-events at Oregon
>Trail

Hi Colby-

As a newbie, you don't need to worry about the National part of the rally. You're interested in seat time, and you get the same amount of seat time if you enter the three regional rallies as if you enter the National rally.

So, on the entry form, click the two boxes at the top for the two regional rallies. The form doesn't have a box for the Friday regional rally, but you'll be automatically entered in that one.

If you have other questions, feel free to shoot me an email:
[email protected]

Doug
#203 Mazda RX-7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts