Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pat Richard did go on to win the second Pro event of the year with a terrific drive. Seamus fell out with an apparent mechanical problem near the end of the rally and had been leading (I did see the car drive thru service at the end). NW local hero Carl Jardevall came in second overall in his hot Evo and Lauchlin brought in the CPD yellow Subaru a little worse for wear (co-driver's side smashed in on one of the final stages and driver's front fender punished from impact with tire wall on Friday night's stages...

Leon Styles and Mark Nelson put in good drives as well.

The Primitive Team did OK on Saturday and garnered a Club class trophy in the Oregon Trail ClubRally but was running off pace on Sunday (maybe saving the car for Rim.... ...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Pe

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Oregon Trail ProRally More

Other items to note:

Havir and Putnam had some mechanical issues on Saturday (differential woes and then a broken rear brake rotor) but they came back hard on Sunday until they pushed about 4mph to hard along a ridge road. Doug used a ditch hook to hold the car onto the road on the medium right (or it would have skated across into the mountainside) but when he saw the white stake indicating a culvert, he knew he had trouble. The rear caught the culvert (or dirt around it) and twisted the car while popping the rear into the air. They nosed into the road, pirouetted on the front end and hit the mountainside upside down and slid a little back to the edge of the roadway on its roof with the headlights sticking a little onto the road.

Ben Bradley held a moment of silence at the Awards Banquet in the memory of Mark Lovell and Roger Freeman. He got a little choked up as did any of us who had a chance to know them. The Lovell/Freeman memorial stickers sold out fast (hundreds of them--all proceeds going to the Lovell/Freeman Fund for their families).

Patrick Richard was gracious at the awards, but it is obvious that the boy is pretty quick given a top stage time on Sunday using no notes at all (see story elswhere).

The Group 5 novice entry of Shadd Foster and Kala Rounds would have won the ClubRally in that class on Saturday, but they stopped their Mazda RX3 to try to pull their competitors Hederos and Brown (in an older RX7)out of a ditch. The little 12A just couldn't do it despite a valiant effort (sweep would later pull the RX7 out). Foster and Rounds went on to a second in class victory for their very first performance rally. Shadd is part of the the Fling Pu team and beat their teammates on Saturday, but the RX3 broke a control arm joint on Sunday and was out of the rally just past the spectator area.

·
lock yer diff!
75 Posts
RE: Oregon Trail ProRally More

re: Havir hitting a culvert

Former volvo speedpilot Eric had me adding bale after bale at EXTRA culverts last week as we prepped the stages. He was VERY concerned about the culverts (something about his personal experiences). Seems like we doubled the prescribed bales in some sections of twisty. Havir's culvert must have been on a stage Erik didn't recon. But after reviewing a ditchhook-induced snap roll at our FF/SC, I realized we can't bale every ditch - or can we?

Bill P
new worker bee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts