Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rally car currently registered in Eugene, and part of getting married will probably lead to registering it in Portland...

But how does DEQ work on a rally car? Is anyone registered in a county that requires it?

My car is a '95 ODBI so I don't think they can just plug in to it...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
ODB1 is good, that will force the testing place to do an actual tail pipe sniffer test. which because you have 1 functioning cat in the car you'll pass .... right ? :) right!

I've heard putting some E85 helps you to pass tests , but i'm not sure why, and it could be bad for your car.... :\

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've heard putting some E85 helps you to pass tests , but i'm not sure why, and it could be bad for your car.... :\
Ethanol has a lower energy density; it's sometimes used as an oxygenating agent, in fact. So if you put it in and change nothing about the tune the car will effectively be running leaner. IF the problem keeping it from passing is high CO, I could see that helping, but it could actually hurt if your problem is something else, like high NOx.

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
927 Posts
if you still know people in eugene leave it registered down there, save your self the head ache of maybe passing or not.

if that's not an option, i used to keep 2 exhaust around for my old legacy and because they came off real easy as one big piece i only had to deal with it one day every 2 years.

i could tell you some other tricks on how to not have to go through DEQ.

It's just comes down to what are you willing to go through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts