Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last sunday i was sitting in the airport drinking tim horton coffee, waiting for a flight home from rocky and the topic of Mexico WRC came up. there are a couple of teams from the northeast that are interested in going down and we figured if we could get 3 or maybe even 4 cars to go down then the cost would be obviously much less then doing it solo. If there is anyone interested in possibly joining as a competitor or as service crew then feel free to put your two cents worth in.
Chris Bacon
Bacon Motorsports

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right now this is obviously in the early stages but i am currently talking with Billy Bacon (my brother)and John Cassidy's team as well. I have a good friend that is a long distance trucker and already spoke to him, i should have a ballpark dollar amount by the end of the week. Any team that is in the New England area or is reasonably close to the highways/ can get close to a highway we are taking are more than welcome to join in. More teams means less money. As far as time i will be planning 2.5-3 weeks if you are driving down and a solid week if you are gonna fly down. After I get a some confirmations from enough teams then we can talk about service crew as well. Please keep in mind that i have never organized something of this magnitude and it could be a total disaster. i am sure it will be a bit of a learning experience. thanks again
Chris Bacon
Bacon Motorsports

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i did not have my heart set on shipping the cars i was just seeing what it would cost and if it would be cheaper to send maybe 5 cars and 3 box trucks then rent a van down there for hauling people. that does not rule out everyone towing down behind there own rigs though. from the New England area i think it is 200 more miles to mexico city than oregon trail.
Chris Bacon
Bacon Motorsports

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.