Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;)
Interesting numbers from last year (dry, dusty, ROUGHER, no notes ? )
versus this year (cool, smoother, NOTES) ???

Do notes only make a difference for the "fast" guys ??? :+ :+ :+

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
...............................MFR 2001 - B Pond (5.5)................MFR 2002 - B Pond (5.5)

Fastest Open.....5.24 McGeer......................................5.26 Lovell
Fastest Prod......6.59 Mendham..................................6.45 Mendham
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
...............................MFR 2001 - E Town E (10)..............MFR 2002 - E Town E (10)

Fastest Open.....9.51 Lawler..........................................9.23 Lovell
Fastest Prod......11.65 Young........................................11.51 Field
...............................MFR 2001 - Wil Mills (12.4)..............MFR 2002 - Wil Mills (12.3)

Fastest Open.....9.29 Burke............................................8.97 Lovell
Fastest Prod......11.19 Chavez......................................11.27 Kishkarev *
...............................MFR 2001 - Parm W (12.8)..............MFR 2002 - Parm W (12.8)

Fastest Open.....12.33 Choiniere..................................11.92 Lovell
Fastest Prod......14.33 Field...........................................14.34 Mendham
...............................MFR 2001 - Parm E (14.6)................MFR 2002 - Parm E (14.6)

Fastest Open.....13.83 Burke.........................................12.70 Lovell
Fastest Prod......15.85 Halley........................................15.50 Hamilton
...............................MFR 2001 - Mag Long (17.9)..........MFR 2002 - Mag Long (17.9)

Fastest Open.....16.24 Lovell.........................................15.53 Mark Higgins
Fastest Prod......18.82 Halley.........................................19.23 Kishkarev *
...............................MFR 2001 - Parm Long (22.2)........MFR 2002 - Parm Long (22.2)

Fastest Open.....20.66 Burke..........................................19.12 Mark Higgins
Fastest Prod......23.92 Field............................................23.72 Macaire
* Not sure if Dmitri Kishkarev was running notes

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here: somebody in the know, please tell me about how Hamilton is really smooth and fast. I'm getting well sick of all these retards on vwvortex.com talking about how slow the TDI is, but without some anecdotal/empiric/statistical evidence with which to stopper their gobs, I have been reduced to quietly fuming. Help, please.

Isaac in Cambridge

·
Registered
70 Posts
Having raced heads-up against Jon, I believe that he is a really good driver, and he also has a competitive car for the class (i.e. the car is no slouch either). He has been MUCH quicker on the really fast rallies -STRP and Maine- than on the slower stuff like Cherokee and Rim. Could this have to do with the fact it is a turbo??

We have had a blast racing against such a close competitor. He pushed me to the limit at STPR and Maine, and I folded like a wet napkin. As a result, he will now be crowned champion, and he deserves it.

Jeff

·
Registered
366 Posts
It is interesting to see that in open class for '02 the Brits are shown to have won the stages. Is this because they are more familure to running a form of notes as compared to last year without notes? Looking at last year Mr. Lovell scored only one stage win, and those with the more developed skill of reading the road seemed to dominate. Of course these stats do not show problems teams faced in either year, but do lean toward familurarity/skill developed with blind/route-book or stage-note system. This being an edge for the team with the developed skill in an event.
In any case last years lack of stage-notes did not interfer to much with Mr. Lovell winning the championship!

·
Registered
946 Posts
>
> It is interesting to see that in open class for '02 the
>Brits are shown to have won the stages. Is this because
>they are more familure to running a form of notes as
>compared to last year without notes? Looking at last year
>Mr. Lovell scored only one stage win, and those with the
>more developed skill of reading the road seemed to dominate.
> Of course these stats do not show problems teams faced in
>either year, but do lean toward familurarity/skill developed
>with blind/route-book or stage-note system. This being an
>edge for the team with the developed skill in an event.
> In any case last years lack of stage-notes did not
>interfer to much with Mr. Lovell winning the championship!

Paul doesn't need a co-driver at Maine... He has the roads memorized... Notes took away his massive advantage, but it also explains why he had his best result of the year.

·
Registered
366 Posts
>Paul doesn't need a co-driver at Maine... He has the roads
>memorized... Notes took away his massive advantage, but it
>also explains why he had his best result of the year.

Paul is having trouble with notes-to much input-like a lot of other people. This does not explain his best finish of the year-the car running to the finish does-a small detail I would admit but rather important.:+

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think I am done for the season anyway. The car is not too bad, but I just don't have the will to get it back together in time for Ojibwe, and I just can't see towing to Washington. 20 hours straight behind the wheel coming home from Maine by myself was enough. My intent was just to go have some fun this year, and I accomplished that. While a championship would be nice, it really doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things. I don't think the Production Class Championship will even get a mention, and it would be pretty anti-climatic. I am glad that Dave will still have a good chance at the co-driver's championship though.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts