Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Something clever
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Olympus Rally is having a press day on April 22nd, 2010 at Pacific Grand Prix in Kent (near Pacific Raceway).

Come out for a chance to race karts against some of the big names in rally! This event with benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities. Bring your friends and race for a good cause!

Flier:

Schedule:

2:00pm - Practice
2:30pm-4:00pm - Press stage and media rides
4pm-5pm - Exhibition event; Supermoto, Karts, Drifting
4pm-5pm - Autograph sessions with Olympus Rally Competitors

5:00pm - Drawing for winners of raffle, must be 15 or older
5pm-5:10pm - All participants sign waivers
5:15pm - Mandatory Driver's Meeting
5:30pm - Practice
5:45pm - Qualifying
6:00pm - Pre-Final, interview after
6:20pm - Final, interview after

6:45pm - Awards Ceremony
7:00pm - Rental Karting open to public
8:00pm - Event conclusion

·
Rally Muse
418 Posts
According to the organizers, cars don't have to stay the entire evening. Details for press stage participants will be out soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
At what time can the cars be packed up and head to Ocean Shores? It IS a 2.5 drive, without traffic.
Hi Jason.
We've taken that into consideration while trying to accommodate fans to attend after a work day.

I would like cars to be on display until 5:00 (so they can leave before the karting). Obviously, the drivers/codrivers that are participating in the benefit karting race will have to stay until the awards, but it should wrap up quickly. An info packet will be sent out to participating teams shortly. This schedule is more for fan information.

Thanks,
La' Akea

·
Registered
765 Posts
Could a guy just come out with his rally car and do the press stages even though he is not entering Olympus Rally?

BTW, I will be out to work the Rally Sat and Sunday.

·
Something clever
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could a guy just come out with his rally car and do the press stages even though he is not entering Olympus Rally?

BTW, I will be out to work the Rally Sat and Sunday.
I'll check with the organizers but I'm pretty sure the answer here is no.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sean I am sure you could show up and display that beautiful piece you call a Gp 5 car and sign up for the raffle a'la joe public. Do it, your car is great motivation for all those with half built cars like myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sean I am sure you could show up and display that beautiful piece you call a Gp 5 car and sign up for the raffle a'la joe public. Do it, your car is great motivation for all those with half built cars like myself.
Thank for the plug Pat! I'd like to encourage rallyists to show up too. Why not have an impromptu display in the parking lot? Would still garner lots of attention! We only have 8 slots for drivers in the benefit karting round, and will raffle off 10 - 12 winners.
There will also be kart rentals following the benefit round. It's a great track so well worth a spin!

·
Registered
15 Posts
And just to clarify, the press stage is open for public viewing from a great hilltop area where you can see the whole track! Watch Pastrana, Mirra, ACP, Keeney, Van Way, Fox and Cavett tear it up while giving media the ride of their life.
Fan appreciation events will officially begin at 4PM, with autograph sessions and supermoto, drifting and karting demos.
Be sure to arrive before 5PM so sign up for the Ronald McDonald benefit raffle!

·
Registered
765 Posts
If we could get a few local GP2 or GP5 cars there could we get a display spot? Show the fans that just about anyone can rally with a modest budget and tons of dedication?

I would bring the car, and for sure hang out and chat.

·
Driver & Navi
827 Posts
Right. Because he needed more jinxes. Nice work Doug. :p

Also, this isn't the trash-talking thread. :)
If anything - now that I have a Subaru too, I probably just jinxed myself. :)

I hope everyone has fun at the Kart track. Wish we could make it! But we have a rental car to pick up for recce and can't manage both that and the trip to the track and back. I'd love to kick TP's *** in a Kart, though!

Doug

·
Registered
451 Posts
Uh oh. Will Gary's motor make it through the press stage!?

:)

Doug

it was the turbo at Olympus last year and before that at Doo **** the trans.....the motor of late has been fine

and of course....knock on wood:rolleyes:

I have a sponsor riding along so a break down would be bad.:confused:

·
100 R4 50Y!->R2+ (D/C)
181 Posts
Haha. Well I'm not planning on bringing my car, although it certainty is the shining (or not so much) example of budget racing. It's hard to do small rallyx type stuff in my car. its far from enjoyable with 4.1 turns lock to lock and the ebrake on the front wheels. not to mention my insanely high gearing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts