Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In recognition of Rich Smith's unwavering support of H cars the Olympus Rally has decided on a 2 part Historic approach.

If we have 5 H cars show up there will be awards for the class.

Even better..if any H class legal car enters there will be a conditional discount. Conditions : must be H compliant ( 25 years old ), must either be a new build or an old build that hasn't competed in the last 5 years. We want someone to actually dust off the old rally car and show up instead of watching. Must be clean, free of major body damage and no primer . Olympus Rally will give a $100 discount for eligible entries.

Gene McCullough
Olympus Chief Scrutineer

·
Registered
583 Posts
Gene,

Good Show! Thanks to you and all the Olympus organizers for welcoming Historic Rallycars back on the stages.

I was particularly glad to learn that any rallycar with a "previously issued log book" has an excellent chance of meeting NASA and RA cage tubing size requirements. That makes any Rallycar with a log book a lot less expensive to prepare and more valuable than might otherwise be the case. Sometimes the prospect of having to tear-out and build a new cage is THE most critical factor in deciding to restore an older car, or not. (Hmmm... maybe you scrutineers aren't such big green meanies after all (grin).

Rich Smith

"Vive le Historic"

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we'll see when you try to get through tech...:)

Even though NASA doesn't have a national h class definition we still like h cars and grassroots efforts. Old logbooked cars may need a little update or two, but if they are sound we'll find a way to get them going.

Gene McCullough
Olympus Chief Scrutineer

·
One day I will finish this car
146 Posts
Wish I was on the west coast. Sounds like a good place to dust off the old 77 Colt. Seeing as there aren't any rallies on the east coast anytime soon. :( The cage has been updated, seats, belts, engine, brakes, etc.. All ready to go, just waiting for next race. Am praying Rally West V. comes together.

Brent Dacres
77 Dodge/Mitsb.
Colt/ Lancer G2
Pre-Evolution

1 - 4 of 4 Posts