Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The groupies go. Its the winter, and we need to talk about this very serious Performance rally deficiency.

That was one of the bad things about Rhys not running this year, he had so many groupies there was a chance that Someone would benefit from the overflow.

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
I tried Trevor, but "The Man" booted my thread to the Off Topic forum. Once again an important rally politics discussion has been censored. Top secret inside sources tell me that Kurt Spitzner is behind the move, with backing from the PRB, but I have not yet been able to confirm this.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>I tried Trevor, but "The Man" booted my thread to the Off
>Topic forum. Once again an important rally politics
>discussion has been censored. Top secret inside sources
>tell me that Kurt Spitzner is behind the move, with backing
>from the PRB, but I have not yet been able to confirm this.
>
>Dennis Martin
>[email protected]
>920-432-4845

Shame on the man. The lack of groupies is decidedly a US problem. Look at all the Canadian groupies, and the Mexican ones... wow.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
>I tried Trevor, but "The Man" booted my thread to the Off
>Topic forum.

To be more exact, I booted the thread to the "Off Topic & Humor" forum. More specifically, the "Humor" portion of it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
While this subject can be written off as "humor," I think it certainly is a relevant subject. Beautiful models and racing go hand in hand and they serve to draw attention to motorsport the world over. Where would we be without the beautiful umbrella girls? Its all about marketing. Models can be hired very inexpensively...lots of them are just busting out (pardon the pun) for the exposure.

I worked with Jim Liaw (Slipstream Global Marketing aka Steve Johnson's Drifting partner) for the Import Expo show in Chicago in 2002. I was introduced to him by Mazda at Hot Import Nights and, if we need models, I'm sure he could get the ball rolling.

Go to www.hotimportnights.com and click on "Models." There were girls just strutting looking for a job at these things!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>While this subject can be written off as "humor," I think it
>certainly is a relevant subject. Beautiful models and
>racing go hand in hand and they serve to draw attention to
>motorsport the world over. Where would we be without the
>beautiful umbrella girls? Its all about marketing. Models
>can be hired very inexpensively...lots of them are just
>busting out (pardon the pun) for the exposure.
>
>I worked with Jim Liaw (Slipstream Global Marketing aka
>Steve Johnson's Drifting partner) for the Import Expo show
>in Chicago in 2002. I was introduced to him by Mazda at Hot
>Import Nights and, if we need models, I'm sure he could get
>the ball rolling.
>
>Go to www.hotimportnights.com and click on "Models." There
>were girls just strutting looking for a job at these things!

I feel a press release from Mr Grossman coming on...

The all model wrenching crew... long hard towing days with nothing to do but talk to your crew... nights under the sky...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Lurch,

I am already in contact with an agency that specializes in girls just for motorsports, and a lot of the girls race too! Just need to find the money to get them to a rally or two

here is a sample-www.morgansegal.com/speedweb

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
>I am already in contact with an agency that specializes in
>girls just for motorsports, and a lot of the girls race too!
>Just need to find the money to get them to a rally or two
>

While I admire your *ahem* work, I think you kinda missed my point, Morgan. While you certainly can pay lots for models, you really don't have to. The only thing stopping a rally or a team from having a plethora of feminine eye candy is a few phone calls, a few bucks, and a tongue in one's cheek.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
lurch,
Except there is a difference between professional models and the High School girls or the friends of friends that are usually brought in to the rallies (miss Palmdale, the Tall Pines girls, etc.). It is especially important to have professionals if photos or video is to be taken for any kind of PR or Marketing (which it would be foolish not to do something), not only for legal reasons, but for their experience, believe me, it shows in the images. It also helps that they know motorsports as it helps them relate to the crowd.

Now obviously there is no money to do this for every event, but there is a few key events that it could be good for (Rim,STPR, for example)
Additionally, these models were not that expensive (but still too much to pay out of our personal pockets-at least mine)
IMO It is crucial that at least some of the rallies are made into big events, not just a car race, especially now that the manufacturer circus is gone.

Anyhow, send me an email (I lost your email address somehow) or give me call (mine can be found on my website)

On another note, I assume you will be at the Detroit auto show? We should meet up for Beeaz

·
Registered
229 Posts
As a just-turned-18 UCSB student, I appreciate fine women as much as the rest of you, but I am not sure having models at Rim is such a great idea... I think, even in California, the rally clientelle might be just a bit to mature (and not just age-wise) for that kind of thing... if anything, I would want to avoid those types of similarities with track racing. At this point, most people see rallying (and, ahem, drifting) as a different beast, and it might be wise to keep it that way.
If you were to differentiate yourself by having your 'models' work in your booth or something, and not dress quite as 'sluttily,' it might accomplish a lot towards credibility and marketing.

Edit: I kinda forgot to state my point, which is that rally has the potential to attract a female fanbase, and bringing in a bunch of 'models' might negate that, which would be a shame.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
lurch3-at-prodigy-dot-net. Re:MotorCity...Sure. Heck, maybe we should get a Kart2Kart throwdown for all the rally people that are gonna be in town. I know Whiteman has been taking a lot of vendors there on "business" and is turning some pretty fast laps. Maybe we can get the Michigan rally posse, Arek Mazur, you, and whoever else is gonna be in town and you can beat up on my fat bod on the kart track. Maybe I'll start a new thread on that one...

Yeah, I wasn't meaning hiring Tommy's sister to stand by the car...I was meaning the car show group that goes to HIN, for example. They are agency, but I understand they aren't that expensive...though I've never been billed...

I'm sure you have more experience in this area, than I, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts