Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand peoples wishes and desires for Rallying in the US are very different from one person to another, and that's fine. I would love to see not one, but many WRC event here, so I can go and watch them, but that's not really the point of this post.

What I am most interested in at this time, is in who the next Rally Boss will be for the SCCA. As I mentioned on yesterdays post, I would like to see Sue Robinson assume the position permanently.

I believe as members of the SCCA we need a leader that can understand our needs as competitors, look out for the best interest of the sport, and also the club. I think Sue will do a great job.

I would like to know your ideas on this matter please. It is time for us to have a saying on who gets to do what in our club.

Tony Chavez

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would like to see a number of people nominated, and then a general election by SCCA members. Enough of this "appointed" crap...

Edit: forgot also a method of RECALL is essential

Skye

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
No company I know of hires employees by "voting" for them. SCCA is no exception. The BOD is your voice. You vote for them.

That said, rest assured the next PRD will march in lockstep with Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Steve Johnson (who appears to be the ultimate sycophant). It wouldn't surprise me if the next PRD has already been hired and currently works for one of the above mentioned manufacturers. Didn't care for Kurt? In six months we may all be clamoring for his return.

·
Registered
946 Posts
>No company I know of hires employees by "voting" for them.
>SCCA is no exception. The BOD is your voice. You vote for
>them.
>
>That said, rest assured the next PRD will march in lockstep
>with Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Steve Johnson (who appears to
>be the ultimate sycophant). It wouldn't surprise me if the
>next PRD has already been hired and currently works for one
>of the above mentioned manufacturers. Didn't care for Kurt?
>In six months we may all be clamoring for his return.

I heard several underground rumblings at Wild West. The one about Kurt has turned out to be true.

I'm thinking Rally America is going to be involved in what happens in the future.

Sue is a great lady. She would do a good job. She actually cares about all the competitors big and little.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Who will head the Rally Department now?

Tony,

The Performance Rally Board (PRB) should set Rules and Policy.
- PRB members should be elected.

Paid staff positions should be ADMINISTRATIVE Only.
- By all reports Sue is the best preson for the job.

That's enough Bosses.

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Registered
527 Posts
Let's keep on topic! Why do you guys think Tony started over?

John Dillon or Bradney Boli or Tony Chavez, though, I think both of those guys are too sensible to do it. Sue would be great since she knows the needs of the competitors and she already lives there! (a little CRS bias coming through, too!)

[hr]
CP
[hr]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Mike Hurst?

Experiance in other (more succesful at marketing) forms of motorsport, works in promotion right now, a keen competetor...

I do not know Sue se may be good, how is her leadership, promotion, and marketing skills?

What does the job pay anyway? Most of the good people I know in that type of job make about $75-85k base and up to another 20-40k in performance base pay.

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts
I think you might be confused w/ Mike Hurst the Canadian and Mike Hurst the American.
One does P.R. very well,
the other does SIDEWAYS really well. (not that either one might do the job well)

No doubt Sue OR Doug R would be wonderful in that hat.

- old age an a few remaining brain cells tell me to listen to uncle Joe- be careful what you wish for Mr. Turtle

I suspect we will be given the chance soon enough to meet the new Rally Prince or Princess and it will be up to US to articulate our ideas as clearly as possible.

Like it or not, rally in the US has come a long way in the past few years under Kurt's watch. For some it has been way too much , for some not enough- but rest assured whinning about anything to ourselfs won't help- Make sure you put your thoughts in writing and send them in. (and don't forget to tell them what you DO LIKE, after you finish telling them you hate everything else)

(Geez- sorry, I feel like a teacher now)
Jeff Secor

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
>I think you might be confused w/ Mike Hurst the Canadian and
>Mike Hurst the American.

I gave up media stuff in 1982, had to eat.. But the refrences from people I met through the AP landed me a job with a NASCAR team. I still have contacts, used to work with Roger Hart, who is now managing editor at Autoweek. Met P.J. O'Rourke once, have even been to David E. Davis's house (not as a burgalar), Brock Yates and Tony Swan certainly know who I am.

The Mike Hurst/Mike Hurst stuff is confusing around here too, there is a Mike Hurst from Indianapolis (here)who races USAC Midgets, I swear this guy looks exactly like me! My son, Mike Hurst jr., is a few years away from his rally career.

I'm definately not the right man.

How about Mike Helton?

·
Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
Maybe I'm a little biased toward the Pacific Northwest but our own Ben Bradley would be an excellent choice to run Rally in America. He has no bias, he looks at both sides of everything, he's done about everything you can do in the sport at least twice. As organizer of Oregon Trail he has proved to be adept at dealing with manufacturers, Topeka, our sports superstars and the everyday "joe (or jane) rallyist". Vote Smart! Vote Ben!

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
That's the ticket!

Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben!

·
Registered
397 Posts
So hows about it Ben???
New Baby.....New bathwater..........
Ben has my vote too. For what that is worth. Sorry if I just ruined it for ya Ben. :p

John Lane
Viva Le Pro Le Ralliat

·
Registered
706 Posts
>No company I know of hires employees by "voting" for them.
>SCCA is no exception. The BOD is your voice. You vote for
>them.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting it's scca.com not scca.org

Here I thought it was a club....

Skye

1 - 19 of 19 Posts