·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>Looks like Stig wants to win this one.
>
>Jens will be happy. x(
>
>Doug Woods

Heaven forbid Jens should ever be happy.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jens:

Yes, I am an old fart.

Pat's age? That would mean I would have won the 1973 POR before I was born. ;-)

Doug Woods

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I deleted my comment, because I suddenly remembered posts you have made that would indicate you are older than dirt ;-)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Jens, you can go to bed now and get your beauty sleep.

Car 65, Blomqvist / Goni is out in front after pushing hard on the first four stages of the rally. They are currently 18.6 seconds in front of Car 1, Richard / Richard. After the service break and reseed, the team will be first on the road for the remaing stages of the night.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Other news:

The roads are really fun. We only wish we could have driven more yesterday.

Paterson/Allen will be in the regional rally today after getting high centered last night.

Langbein says the Subaru handling (in the ex-Verdier WRX) is very different from his Toyota AllTrac.

There are rumors that Block/Gelsomino significantly rearranged the bodywork on their STI last night.

The red Celica that once belonged to Nao Hirata was on the trailer with an outrageous amount of toe-out on the left rear and wrinkled sheetmetal to go with it.

·
Sucker for good roads
717 Posts
Another note in case Mr. Heredos was wondering why we weren't faster on the one stage we completed last night: My stage note delivery pace was off, repeatedly calling what happened 20 meters after the crest a bit too late for proper speed over the crest, and Dave adjusted his pace accordingly. We had time to talk it over after the stage and I was much better on SS2, with our times probably a bit improved. The rust is gone and we're ready. The new turbo (VF-22) is whining more than it should, we may switch back to the old one (VF-30) before the start.

Between Paterson/Allen and us we hope to give the NW a better showing today!

And the race for 1st overall/GpN should be great. Richards' 9th road position at the start yesterday left them with some pretty good ruts to contend with, then they had some brake troubles on the first two stages after the reseed (SS 5 and 6). With no troubles today we'll see how Stig's lead holds up.

·
Driver & Navi
827 Posts
Thanks for the great updates, Dave & Rick- If you ever stop competing, you could work as commentators!

Glad to hear that the car and crew are ready again. Best of luck today!

Doug

·
L3> over crest, drops!
647 Posts
Glad to hear you guys have got the car back in shape. I was also wondering what happened.

Dave and Doug have swapped plenty of trannies..:) Great crew to have along! Service would just be WAY too boring without some large part to R&R..

Best of luck, and keep it shiny side up.:D

BTW, It looks like the times are tight, top 6 in the same minute..Standings could change quickly with all of the bodywork rearrangement going on...

Rally On!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mr. Heredos and Mr. Dash,
Thanks for your interest. You guys would enjoy the roads here. The top 3 for the 10,000 Lakes Regional Rally today were:

1) Iorio
2) Utecht
3) Hintz

By the way, Jake and Silas Himes have a cool RX7!
Much appreciation to Dave Clark and Doug Chase for servicing.

www.hintzbrosrally.com

·
L3> over crest, drops!
647 Posts
Brothers' Hintz,

Way to claw back to the top 3 after the tranny issue! Congrats! :7

Would really like to make out there at some point to run those roads, they look sweet..Maybe next year.

See you at Wild West.

Rally On!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Barrett,
Fortunately we were completely free of any car problems for the 10,000 Lakes Regional rally on Saturday. The podium finish did not come easily though. Paterson beat us by a bunch on the 20-mile stage and was maintaining his lead. Home turf drivers that were definitely pushing us early on were Kendall and Olsen. Olsen has a Japanese STI motor in his "2.5 RS," but it had issues and wasn't running consistently. Kendall was within striking distance going into the last stage. The last stage was extremely twisty and I abandoned the risk free approach that I had employed all weekend. Unfortunately Paterson got stuck on that stage. He had done a good drive up until that point and I don't think we could have caught him.
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts