Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my worker info in the mail about two weeks ago and it was stated that the Rallyfest would be held at the Mall of America this year. Is this still a go or has it been cancelled? Has it been moved? Is an official notice going to be sent to get more cars to show up?

TIA,
Jerry Winker

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Jerry-
I too am searchin for answers on this. BA is on vaca, so I have a call in to Scott Putnam. call him too, maybe if we both badger...

YES- it's supposed to be a GO

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
From the Ojibwe website:

"RallyFest 2005

The Ojibwe Forests Rally is pleased to present RallyFest 2005, brought to you by Subaru.net. It will take place on Wednesday, August 24th, 2005 at the Mall of America, in Sam Goody Central. More deatils will follow soon."

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>From the Ojibwe website:
>
>"RallyFest 2005

> More details will follow soon."

One week away. No updates on the OFPR website. All I've heard is Wednesday, August 24th near Sam Goody at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. I've had inquiries from the press asking me if I know anything or if it's worth going to. I'd really like to send an e-mail to the local Twin Cities television stations/news outlets fast to get the event some press on a local level. Entry fees... times...anybody......???

TIA,
Jerry
OFPR Press Dude

·
Registered
346 Posts
This will be posted on the OFPR site shortly...

From the organizers:

"Scott Putnam of Subaru.net and Subaru of America have joined
forces to put on this year's RallyFest at the Mall of
America, Wednesday, Aug 24th, just hours before the start of
the 20th Ojibwe Forests Rally. Eight entries in this year's
rally (all Subaru's, naturally) will be on display in Sam
Goody Central all day on Wednesday. Several of the top
drivers in the Rally America National Championship will be
on hand to talk about their cars, rallying and to sign
autographs, including former World Champion Stig Blomqvist,
last year's American and Canadian Champion, Patrick Richard
and ESPN's X Games gold medalist, Travis Pastrana.

Cars will be on display all day Wednesday, August 24 at the
Mall of America. Please come and enjoy the day of
celebrating Rally America style!"

-Dave & Stacy

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
If you already know about rally, then you sure can feel free to take a pass on Rally Fest...

BUT the MOA event will show rally off to THOUSANDS of people who've never heard of us before... Rally Fest has been held before Ojibwe for many years now with the support of Bloomington Subaru and Subaru of America... HOWEVER; its really only attracted US, that's us who were already interested in rally to begin with... the MOA attracts 500,000 to 700,000 per week... this means that upwards of 100,000 people will be there on 8/24... when was the last time we showed off 8 of our cars, with a huge video screen showing 2005 Rally America video (thanks TV2GO!) blasting music and with people available with information about the OLN TV show AND on the upcoming rally?

YOU don't have to come for Rally Fest to be a success... introducing rally to tens of thousands of new fans will make it a screaming success.

BUT... PLEASE PLEASE come... see the video... talk to your friends or help introduce rally to new fans!

I should also mention that local network television is anticipated... so add that coverage to the people who will be there live.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
Honestly, I couldn't think of a better place for this. Should be some great exposure to lots of regular folks.

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Air Dates

Here's the latest air dates for Rally America on OLN:
Sno*Drift Sun Oct 2 at 2:30pm Eastern and Fri Oct 7 at 3:00pm Eastern
Oregon Trail Oct 9 & 14 (same times)
Pikes Peak Oct 16 & 21 (same times)
STPR Oct 23 & 28 (same times)
Maine Forest Oct 30 & Nov 4 (same times)
Ojibwe Forests Nov 6 & 11 (same times)
Colorado Cog Nov 13 & 18 (same times)
Lake Superior Nov 20 & 25 (same times)

Repeats up to OLN...

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Wow. Awesome sounding promotion. I went outside on my lunch break in downtown Denver (a little early to avoid crowds) and came upon this Indy car display. We really need to do more stuff like this in rally in the big metro areas near events. As much entertaining as Parc Expose' can be in a town of 3000 if we really want to get the word out you have to go to the closest big city. Great job and look forward to seeing more stuff of this caliber from rally!

http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net/Images/indycar.jpg
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net/Images/indycar2.jpg

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not trying to be negative. Here's my thoughts on this deal.

>If you already know about rally, then you sure can feel free
>to take a pass on Rally Fest..
>BUT the MOA event will show rally off to THOUSANDS of people
>who've never heard of us before... Rally Fest has been held
>before Ojibwe for many years now with the support of
>Bloomington Subaru and Subaru of America... HOWEVER; its
>really only attracted US, that's us who were already
>interested in rally to begin with

----Who knew about it? If they know about it and won't drive to Corcoran to see it, there's no way they'll drive to Bemidji.

... the MOA attracts 500,000
>to 700,000 per week... this means that upwards of 100,000
>people will be there on 8/24... when was the last time we
>showed off 8 of our cars,

---- Any Grassroots representation? How many G2 and P cars will be there that these people will have to start out in if they want to race? I'd love to race that Indy car, but I know how much it would cost. Also, after looking at all the expensive cars, you're going to have to tell 100k 17 year olds with Evo's and STI's that they won't win any money either.

with a huge video screen showing
>2005 Rally America video (thanks TV2GO!) blasting music and
>with people available with information about the OLN TV show
>AND on the upcoming rally?

---Didn't know about the video, might have to check that out if the car that's going to race the next few days is ready.

>YOU don't have to come for Rally Fest to be a success...

---So you're saying that I'm a failure? That's Ok, my dog Otis still thinks I'm the best.

>introducing rally to tens of thousands of new fans will make
>it a screaming success.
>BUT... PLEASE PLEASE come... see the video... talk to your
>friends or help introduce rally to new fans!

---did that already, they've raced twice this year and are running LSPR next. Rally is a tough sell, but once someone gets it, they've got it.

>
>I should also mention that local network television is
>anticipated

---- Hi Mom!

... so add that coverage to the people who will be
>there live.
>
>J.B. Niday
>www.nidayrallysport.com

I'll be there along with everyone else here that breathes rally 24/7, even though I would do some things differently.

edit--- how does JVL get anything done typing posts like this all day

}(

·
Registered
342 Posts
>I'll be there along with everyone else here that breathes
>rally 24/7, even though I would do some things differently.

See ya there bud. I'll be sporting a little "orange" hopefully.

After we should go into the parking ramp and rev our engines!

·
Registered
194 Posts
>If you already know about rally, then you sure can feel free
>to take a pass on Rally Fest...
>
>BUT the MOA event will show rally off to THOUSANDS of people
>who've never heard of us before... Rally Fest has been held
>before Ojibwe for many years now with the support of
>Bloomington Subaru and Subaru of America... HOWEVER; its
>really only attracted US, that's us who were already
>interested in rally to begin with... the MOA attracts 500,000
>to 700,000 per week... this means that upwards of 100,000
>people will be there on 8/24... when was the last time we
>showed off 8 of our cars, with a huge video screen showing
>2005 Rally America video (thanks TV2GO!) blasting music and
>with people available with information about the OLN TV show
>AND on the upcoming rally?
>
>YOU don't have to come for Rally Fest to be a success...
>introducing rally to tens of thousands of new fans will make
>it a screaming success.
>

Great job rally-america! I went to rallyfest in 2003 and it was in the middle of nowhere ... Pretty pointless... You guys are really going in the right direction with Mall of America... Hopefully the New website is up and running before you do the RallyFest "make sure its spectator friendly at the event or you will lose all the new fans you just made."

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
> blasting music

Thanks for the warning. I was going to bring my 6 month old son along. Don't think he'd much appreciate the loud music though. Guess he'll have to wait to get a picture with Stig.

Times when the drivers will be available would be nice too. As much as I'd like to hang out there all day, I have to schedule my time very tightly these days.

--
Mark Holden
KC0SUW

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Mark,
"Blasting" was an overstatement on my part... MOA has limitations on the volume AND we want people to be able to carry on comfortable conversation on the floor around the display!

The music WILL attract people to the display.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
Ryan,
I think you've missed some key points;

Rally Fest 2005 (as opposed to all earlier Rally Fests) is absolutely focused on attracting new fans to rally. This means we have to bring it to them, not hope they'll choose to come to us. That's why the MOA is a GREAT venue; there's absolutely positively going to be people there. No matter how much the rally fest out in the west suburbs was promoted there was very little chance more than a few hundred people would ever go. This is because they have no idea what a rally car is or what rally is. But they will come to the MOA to shop and visit Camp Snoopy and Underwater world... while they're there they'll also be introduced to rally... the VAST MAJORITY for the first time, and only because they just happened to be there anyway. That's PUSH vs. PULL.

That's why Rally Fest will be a success!

You ask, fairly enough, why nothing but Subarus at Rally Fest. Quite simply Subaru of America is paying a huge chuck of the cost. They promote their cars, we promote rally... I consider that a fair deal.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

1 - 20 of 36 Posts