Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think everyone shoudl congratulate the producers and speed for airing a great show about the OFPR

The show was great, and speed needs to see an appreciative audience. Sure the show times are not what you are looking for, and the reliability of the schedule was suspect, but the show aired, and it was great!

·
Registered
901 Posts
You must be referring to the third showing, today's effort?

Yesterday I TiVo'd a half hour of Craftsman truck race, although everything I checked said I had it set up time, date, channel correctly.

Then the second run-through I only got 15 minutes, starting with the beginning of leg 2. Cut off by more roundy-round, tarmac pounders! Argh!!!! Luckily, the coverage of Production was near the end of the show, but it would have been nice to see the rest of the show.

And here I am at work, having missed today's showing.

Yes, what I saw was good, well-produced, and nice. Wish I could have seen the rest of it.
x(

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for the compliments- as always, I will pass them along to Doug, Arlen and the crew....

I thought it was a good show as well, and in keeping this thread on a positive note, am glad you got to see it!

Russ

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warren, I happened across it ... didn't think to tape it.

Kristen,
It is clear that the show times and pre-emtions are more than inconveniant ... however, I think the efforts to air the rallies at all are being underestimated.
While interest in rally is growing (up north anyway) it is still a 'fringe' sport and does not have the quantifiable general interest that NASCAR and many other motorsports do.

ALSO, I suspect that the speed 'feed' may be slightly different in Canada vs. the USofA

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>It is clear that the show times and pre-emptions are more
>than inconveniant ... however, I think the efforts to air
>the rallies at all are being underestimated.
>While interest in rally is growing (up north anyway) it is
>still a 'fringe' sport and does not have the quantifiable
>general interest that NASCAR and many other motorsports do.

I agree. But, I assume the show sponsors paid for one or more slots - I wonder if they got their money's worth out of this one?

>ALSO, I suspect that the speed 'feed' may be slightly
>different in Canada vs. the USofA

No, except that we sometimes get "blacked out" if there are rights issues (occasionally with F1). We got "Craftsman Trucks", "joined in progress", and "half an hour later than advertised" as well. The half of the show that I saw looked good - unfortunately that was the half of the rally that we weren't participating in (stupid gearbox x().

If anyone managed to tape it, I would like to get a copy.

Thanks
Adrian

·
Registered
48 Posts
RE: Ojibwe TV

You'll have to find a copy Adrian, they showed you guys rolled over and waving the next cars by. I might have it taped. I'll let you know.

Great show, thanks for the coverage.

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

I have it taped and I'll reciproate for the tape of Baie you're going to get me. They always said there's 2 ways to get on TV and you guys took the worst way to do it }> Good show, one of the best I've seen yet. BTW, what was the gear box problem?

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts

>I have it taped and I'll reciproate for the tape of Baie
>you're going to get me. They always said there's 2 ways to
>get on TV and you guys took the worst way to do it }> Good
>show, one of the best I've seen yet. BTW, what was the gear
>box problem?

That was the wrong Neon - did they say it was us? It was the Boullions who rolled (and the roll started about 3 corners before, based on the amount of shrubbery in the road). We just lost enough gears to make another day of rallying not an option (of course, we considered going back out and borrowing the Boullion's box, especially since it would have been relatively easy to remove it... ;-)).

Adrian
(edit for spelling)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

Yes, they said it was you. No you don't get the tape (atleast not for that reason ;-) ). They didn't show the roll. Just the car with someone holding an OK sign (video probably taken from an in car camera of another car).

·
Registered
7 Posts

Adrian, Sorry for the neon confusion. We had a quick turn around for this one and I got the wrong car info. Hope we can make it up to you in the future.We will keep an eye out for your Neon. I am glad that the show was (finally) well received. We will try to keep up the good work.
Doug Plumer, Replica Productions

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts

>Adrian, Sorry for the neon confusion. We had a quick turn
>around for this one and I got the wrong car info. Hope we
>can make it up to you in the future.We will keep an eye out
>for your Neon. I am glad that the show was (finally) well
>received. We will try to keep up the good work.
>Doug Plumer, Replica Productions

Don't worry about it Doug. It's hard to tell Neons apart from the bottom, and both cars DNF'd on/after stage 8, so the confusion is understandable. Any publicity is better than no publicity, right ;-).

Hopefully, I'll get to see that part of the show.
Adrian

·
Registered
6 Posts

I always wanted to be on Speed, I was just hoping it wouldn't cost so much. Don't worry about the name mixup, were just glad to see you guys making the show. I missed the call going into the corner and the front wheel hooked a bank and fliped the car. The in-car cam showed only 4 frames in slow motion so needless to say it happed fast, I'll see what I can do to post a video for it. As for the shubs in the road that was before us. Just before the flip we drove over a large branch someone left behind in the road. Adam is going to a wedding so we are going to miss LSPR, but we'll see everyone next year.

Philip

"Sure the driver gets things like brakes and steering wheel and what do I get err... a book"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.