Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
If money were no object
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a friends place when I was down at OT this weekend and there it sits.. 64 or 66 (he told me and I don't remember) Saab :0
Complete and completely stock! I just might have to drag this one home :) What do you think??

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
you'd sell all that Honda crap in a heartbeat when you see what the throbbing rumbling 850cc of raw power is like. I
it just woudn't be fair to the poseurs in GP2!

Just think 5.83:1 ring and pinion, port it to actual degreed out timing figures from a trailbike and then none of this dual exhaust crap, THRICE PIPES bro!

John Vanlandingham

·
If money were no object
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
38hp 1800lbs 2stroke....
3 or 4 on the tree??
how much would I have to completely rebuild?
how screwed would I be if I had a brush with nature i.e. can I get parts??
sure could be a fun car :)

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Probably closer to 1600lbs, with mild trailbike level porting, decent ignition (half of some 6 clinder or some nice nip 3 cyl?) grafted on,
and those thrice pipes dude, with available pistons you might just see 95bhp, a little set of YZ250 reed valves and you ought to get a torque curve and running chatacteristics like a good trailbike, ie kick ass torque and rev really well.
Sheet metal is not too much problem, front glass is getting a little thin on the ground but it's around, all the running gear is the same untill end of production which was 1980. And a lot of the stuff lasts nearly forever cause SAAB was too little to make homologation specials (other than trim variants and carbie tweeks MORE OR LESS; I know Sean, they had Monte Carlos and GT and DeLuxe models, but I'm talking a arms and steering (2.2 turns STOCK!) and big brakes and sturdy shells).
Motor: only thing there is the rod big end bearings, if those are good the thing will last forever.
gearbox: stock ratio 5.45:1, rally ratio can be 5.83:1, close ratio gearsets in stock, all steel 4 pinion LSDs in Stock

And of course it's 4 speed, since the rally debut in 1960 in a SAAB 95 wagon at Monte Carlo, check the results!

Sell the Honda to some ricer-boy and come over to the Dark side Luke.

John Vanlandingham

1 - 4 of 4 Posts