Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rally Promotions, LLC has withdrew its Recreational Use Permit Application with the USDA-Forest Service for the 2004 Rally West Virginia.

In the withdrawal request I cited underlying long-standing relationship problems between a number of the concerned parties in the region, of which I was not made aware of by our partner until correspondence received during scoping, one of the last requirements in the application process. The application has been pending since February of 2004.

I also noted in the withdrawal request sent to Monongahela National Forest Supervisor Clyde Thompson ?that further dialogue between Rally Promotions, the local communities and the conservation groups might yet bring a positive result for a future event but at this time a withdrawal of the application seems the appropriate decision.?

Rally Promotions has taken over direct comunications with the parties and and will continue seeking to establish a dialogue with all the local players, and explore options for 2005 and beyond.

We have established a good relationship with the State of West Virginia, and are especially appreciative of the support of the West Virginia Motorsports Council, and its head, Eric Denemark. West Virginia is a big state, and if we cannot bring the significant positive economic impact of this type of event to the local communities surrounding Snowshoe Mountain Resort, there are other areas and communities that can definitely be explored for a 2005 event as well.

I would like to thank all those who corresponded with the Forest Service. Rally Promotions has a continued interest in an event in West Virginia and will be working toward that end.

John K. Shirley
President

1 - 1 of 1 Posts