Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
cool video! i don't see anywhere to vote, but cool !

hmmf maybe i should submit a video too? hehe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no where to vote. It just counts the views. And Alex, I am looking forward to our next meeting. I'm getting faster and faster every race;-) You should totally submit a video. Get on it!

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
Good luck on your entry! As a past competitor on Block's camp, I sure hope they change it up. Let's just say, I went to a "driver's search" and lost because I couldn't snowboard or ski-bike...

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
You have any kind of write up on the experience?
By contract I can't talk about finer details of things aside from what was shown on TV in edited form. But coming into it, I was expecting to do some sort of snowboard or EXTREME sports thing, I just didn't expect it to carry as much weight as it did in determining who would advance to the actual driving portion of the show.

I was on Block's camp and it was done in three episodes. Eight guys in the camp, and two teams of 4 guys. The first episode was team 1 and was 3 challenges. Snowboard pond skim, ski-bike race, and O'Neil's baby carriage avoidance exercise (if you haven't gone to O'Neils, go 50 mph and do a random selected lane change). Second episode were the same challenges but team 2.

The top "driver" from each team episode moved on to the final where they did 180° handbrake turns into a parking spot on dirt, a whack-a-mole type thing while getting quizzed while Ken did donuts around you in the HFHV and the final was a SCCA rallycross (half dirt half tarmac) style race.

·
Registered
725 Posts
By contract I can't talk about finer details of things aside from what was shown on TV in edited form. But coming into it, I was expecting to do some sort of snowboard or EXTREME sports thing, I just didn't expect it to carry as much weight as it did in determining who would advance to the actual driving portion of the show.

I was on Block's camp and it was done in three episodes. Eight guys in the camp, and two teams of 4 guys. The first episode was team 1 and was 3 challenges. Snowboard pond skim, ski-bike race, and O'Neil's baby carriage avoidance exercise (if you haven't gone to O'Neils, go 50 mph and do a random selected lane change). Second episode were the same challenges but team 2.

The top "driver" from each team episode moved on to the final where they did 180° handbrake turns into a parking spot on dirt, a whack-a-mole type thing while getting quizzed while Ken did donuts around you in the HFHV and the final was a SCCA rallycross (half dirt half tarmac) style race.

It was probably a cool experience, but sounds kinda shitty from a driving/learning perspective. Was it all inclusive or did you have to pay for anything, airfare etc...

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
Yeah, all inclusive. It was a nice experience, I actually had a ton of fun chatting with the M-Sport guys who were fixing Ken's car while we were there. Just looking at that car up close was just amazing seeing all the engineering going into it. I just wish my phone didn't take a dump recently and I had to send it in. I had a whole lot of pictures on there of the car and all the nifty bits it has on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts