Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any outcome of the SCCA meeting they had with all the organizers.I hope something good for the sport!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Can anybody provide a breakdown of the "package of cash funding along with operational and marketing support delivering a total value of approximately $22,000?"

I assume some of support value is Rally America's timing/scoring, and some of it is the SCCA "oversight," but I would be very interested in learning more about the marketing budget. Is there a marketing budget or even a marketing plan to support individual events?

Jim Culp
prorallypix.com

·
Registered
583 Posts
Jim,

I dunno...sounds like another short term bandaid to me.

A strong "CLUBRALLY" program is the only thing that can truly enhance the ProRally series long term. But ClubRally wasn't on the agenda. Once again SCCA puts all it's apples and energy into ProRally.

I hope nobody starts with the old "trickledown" B.S. again.

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Well, it was a meeting of ProRally organizers. Perhaps the ClubRally organizers should approach Steve Johnson about a similar meeting for their program.

·
Registered
408 Posts
What's missing?

Participants: Sno*Drift ProRally, Rim of the World ProRally, Susquehannock Trail ProRally, Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, Oregon Trail ProRally, Maine Forest Rally, Ojibwe Forests ProRally, Wild West ProRally, Colorado Cog Rally, Heart of Dixie Rally.

Any reason why LSPR was not represented?

Also, would anyone care to comment on what, exactly, RallyAmerica's role is in all of this? Sounds like organizers have signed up to use RallyAmerica's services. What are the terms of the contract between the SCCA and RA? What are the financial terms?

·
Registered
408 Posts
RE: What's missing?

Asking a simple question that, I believe, has been on the minds of many people on this board is not trashing the SCCA.

I am trying to understand what, exactly, RallyAmerica does other than post updates on the web and provide fancy clocks to events.

I am trying to understand their business model, because frankly I have a hard time believing anyone can actually make money selling web site banner ads on a site that has fairly limited exposure.

And for the record, I have never been on the Spitzner must go bandwagon so please do not lump me in the "SCCA stinks" category.

I read something that says RallyAmerica is providing all these services and I can't help but try to get my arms around the SCCA - RallyAmerica relationship. And because of my business background, I can't help but be curious as to the business model being implemented by RallyAmerica.

Is that so wrong?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

>I find it interesting that everyone posting about this
>subject was not there and does not realize that SCCA called
>the meeting, but did not "run" the meeting, it was directed
>by our input, the people that put on your rallies.
>
SO, there's a meeting and the majority of us aren't/can't be there, aren't invited (and we should not have been) and we, who will experience the results thereof, are chastised because we weren't there and are asking some questions? Particularily the ones concering "where's club rally in all this"? And the one I've sort of asked before that Daphne's asking, more explaination of Rally America's part in all this?

·
Registered
142 Posts

The "About Us" at www.rally-america.com answers most, not all, questions. I think, clearly, Doug's hobby is Rally, and "Business Models" just don't work for us when our hobbies are involved.
Bill

·
Registered
408 Posts

Those clocks were expensive. That sat-comm system they have in place is expensive.

Doug is a very smart business man and I'm told he is not one of those wacky millionaires that likes to walk around in his PJs handing out money to anyone that asks. ;-) I know for a fact that RallyAmerica is pursuing revenue opportunities through banner ads and merchandise sales.

The people involved in RallyAmerica are really great folks, don't get me wrong. And their hearts are absolutely in the right place. The people involved that I know personally are very committed to rally. And again, they are good people.

But, if you believe that the capital invested by RallyAmerica is a "gift" because it is Doug's hobby, I would be very concerned. Why? Because eventually our hobbies change, and thus so does the financial investment.

So again I ask....What exactly is RallyAmerica's role in rally, what are the terms of the relationship with the SCCA and what are the future plans?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

but he does walk around quoting the simpsons!

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
PJ's?

I've had the pleasure to know Doug since just before his first rally.

He's given much to many, but always in proper attire and never in his PJ's.

Wacko Millionare? He ain't wacko, but he ain't quite right either... then again, who of is?

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Big Jump 800
716 Posts
RE: PJ's?

I don't blame you... I know NOTHING about his PJ's or anyone else's here in the SpecialStage family... and I'd REALLY like to keep it that way!

I do fully defend my position that, while he ain't wacko... he ain't quite right either... anybody willing to spend their own money on a bunch of inconsiderate SOB's like the SCCA ProRally community AIN'T quite right! But God love him just the same! Anybody wants to bad mouth Doug or question his intentions is no friend of mine, much less the rally community... and such an individual would be very much in need of a serious butt kicking!

And just to be clear, I am not saying that Daphne said anything bad about Doug.

J.B. Niday
www.nidayrallysport.com

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
RE: PJ's?

> I am trying to understand their business model, because frankly I have a hard time believing anyone can actually make money selling web site banner ads on a site that has fairly limited exposure

I thought they were a charity.

·
Registered
156 Posts

LSPR was not there because the meeting was not at a time or place that was easy for any of us to get to. It is not that we disagree with anything they are doing, we just could not make it there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts