Special Stage Forums banner

241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Thanks !

Had Jon over today to point out padding for the cage. Have a good idea for it now. Thanks Jon !

Monday will work out the power steering cooler move to the Rad. Should be just some hose's and some AN fittings. The Rad has AN fittings on the bottom.

Also have the bumper cover off and will do some sanding and then some yellow paint ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
The radiator is in and just finished the hose's.

Also put some paint of the bumper.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Still need to add the gauges but have been playing with the GoPro. Hope you like it ?
Oh,am also working on the paint for the rear.

And its still " For Sale " LOL Maybe this will inspire someone .

[video=youtube;M_2O-6iwpEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_2O-6iwpEk[/video]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looking great. Congratulations on the progress.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Thanks DSL. Have a Rallycross on Sat. and I'm working on some things that have not been finished.

Adding a dash gauge pod. Will have water temp, oil pressure and a boost . Started by pulling the center glove box and removing the cover . Made a foam form and have glassed it up. The next step will be to pull it from the dash and clean it up ,remove some of the foam and add some glass to the back side.

Forgot to wax the tape so it may take a little longer to get ready for the inside glass ? My bad.

This is called mold-less building. One off. But you need to finish the top so it adds a step. But less steps than building a plug and mold and then a part.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Got luck ! No problem with pulling things.

So, cleaned things up and did some filler. And then some sanding.

And some holes and fitting with gauges.

And some rubber black paint .

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
So I needed to test the gauges. How about "Wild Horse Pass-Pro-Auto Sports" Rally-Cross ?
[video=youtube;P8JThV0TaBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8JThV0TaBA[/video]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Night time RallyCross, on mixed surfaces? Nice! I wish my region had a couple of those lined up in the schedule. Especially during the summer in south Florida, with the unbearable heat wave we've been under this year.
Wish they had flagged that white car to let you pass, as it looks like it held you up on multiple occasions.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Was no big deal. We were running a N0-Pass event. 6 car lengths. My Bad,just having to much fun !

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Started the tie down's for the tool box,jack and spare tire's. Yes I could take two.

Getting ready for Prescott !

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Well their the red cabin lights.

Their are 3 on the CoDriver side and 2 on the driver side. Three small and two large.

One on CoDriver side,small.

Two small.

Two small and one large.

All on.

All LED's draw like 1 amp. All have their own switch. But need to build some shade's for the driver side. Have not tried driving with them on yet,maybe Friday ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
The roof is welded up, the rear quarts are painted and Daddy has new shoes !

Still have the rear gate and the bumper to paint
but getting their. Oh, and that white paint I got for the roll-bar still sucks !

The tires are 225/50 r 16's. More for "tarmac" but will see how they do up in Prescott ? Will take 2 gravel spares just in case ? The OD of both tires are 3mm apart. So the center diff should be ok ? with luck ? LOL Rim's are Audi 7x16" look like they will be just the ticket for "tarmac " . ( I know "John" their to big.) LOL

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
A little more paint,and

Wella

She is mostly white. LOL With just a hint of yellow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Photobucket wants big ### to host third party photos. Sorry all the photos are lost to the net.

But I still have all the build photos. If you need some let me know. And Yes the car is still for sale.

The youtube stuff is still ok for now ?
Randy

IMG_3043 (1).jpg

And whats up with the not posting the photos now ?

241 - 260 of 263 Posts