Special Stage Forums banner

221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
No, its more and I'm a lazy dumb ass !

Gean I need your help on padding the cage. I have the SFI padding that I got from Grant.(thanks Grant!) Where would you like to see it ? If you could look back in the build and give me some ideas ? This goes for anybody with input ?

Randy

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Some people asked about fender liners. First a pattern,temp cut out,fitting and all done ! Easy. Only took ALL DAY !

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Their 12" No problems yet. But I have a total of 6 runs. Not much time to draw a conclusion from ?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Randy, hard to tell on padding without real seats and seeing people in the car. Typically the 1/2 laterals from the seat forward, the header bar and roof bars. Anywhere the helmet can make contact. I've read that you can stretch over a foot thru the belts under impact. IF you have extra padding or get so regular cage padding I like to have some on the lower bars where the ankles and shins can hit.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Thanks Gean.

So red ,wet paint on helmet,belt in and trash about trying to hit anything with the helmet . Then put the padding where the red paint is ? Just kidding. LOL

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Looks like I will be doing some street test soon !:rolleyes:

I may be able to put the Forester on my Hagerty Inc. With luck. Its out to underwriting now. Should know something by tuesday. Cool,I hope.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Look what is prowling the streets ! :rolleyes:

No luck with "Haggerd " Inc. Just put on my Progressive for the other car's. LOL

Hard to not drive "FAST" ! Must resist ! But the "FORCE" is strong with this one. (Yoda voice)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Today I got the wiring installed for the Fan/AC system. Will work on the control panel for that and maybe the power window switches tomorrow. Man. that fan is powerful ! Defroster/inside air/outside air the hole thing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Panels are plastic. Held on by 3M 4646 tape.

And one from the front.

Thinking about doing the front and rear bumper in yellow ? Plastic-dip.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Started on making the brackets for the new Rad. Nothing I had fitt so out with the bender and cutter.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Test fit.

Should be good to go. Will test next week. Just to HOT today ! Only 113* at the shop. LOL

Randy

221 - 240 of 263 Posts