Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I rally in Canada I come away trying to figure out how to work more Canadian events in.

The RX-7 felt a little tough to control at times but it must have hooked up good since we didn't spin or hit rocks or trees. Mostly because I was scared stiff. After running Ojibwe and headwaters roads I get a little spooked by Canadian roads. Chalk it up to a lack of Sisu, as much as I hate to say it.

Man I am just glad we finished and that we didn't hit anything.

Any of you yanks out there that want to get some serious respect for some wild roads should hit up Tall Pines.

Thanks to all the workers and the organizers and competitors and the WILD Canadian rally fans. And if my car offended anyone with it's bad smells and bad sounds I apologize.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for coming up, we had a blast watching you.
My wife, who had never been a rally before, loved your car. She was very pleased to see it still running at each pass of the spectator areas.
Great job and hopefully we will see you next year!

·
Registered
8 Posts
One of the most memorable images for me at the rally was when you guys pulled into scrutineering with that earth shaking smoke snorting RX-7 with the windows kinda foggy and that leather hat with the ear flaps. The whole scene to me summed up what rally should be.

·
Left seat and not British!
785 Posts
Let me add my thanks to my neighbors to the North. Second year there and second dnf, but it's the greatest time I have every year!

And the Mini's OK....just a bruised ego! Turning some respectable times, too! Now with snow tires and a welded diff maybe we could give Jake a run for his money!

Kim DeMotte
Official Old Fart, etc.
(and co-driver, #27 Mini)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts