Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.capitalresearch.org/blog/?p=190

Big Ears spouting off hot air again! What does he think has been going on for the last couple of years? This is one of the hundreds of reasons why this MORON shouldn't be let ANYWHERE near the WH and another reason why this empty suit shouldn't even be a Senator. The moron is a complete ignoramus when it comes to world affairs. He is going to get this country in so much trouble with his 'do nothing' attitude when it comes to terrorism, but if the sheeple vote him in, I and others will just sit back and watch the carnage. You read it here first!

Lastly, how dare this ignorant wanna be, tell English speakers in this country that their kids should learn to speak Spanish! Every time this loon opens his mouth (without his teleprompter) to rely on, he sounds about as intelligible as a new born baby!

I have a rock in my garden that has more intelligence!

·
LSPR speccie/worker & YBJ fan
795 Posts
My son's taking Spanish this fall in high school. I'm hoping he becomes proficient, just in case we ever get the lucky opportunity to catch the WRC Rally Mexico. Then maybe he can keep his dad outta trouble, when the locals realize this chubby ****** has no clue what he is doing...

Plus, I'd like to see the Amazon one day, so I'll need the boy along there too.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
And if you had listened with an open mind, you would have understood him to say that kids should learn a second language like French or German or Chinese or.......

He did not say Spanish should be forced on every student.

And for reference, I had to take a second language in high school. My choices were Latin, French and Spanish.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I work with a guy from france. His reasoning behind the ability of people in europe to be mulitilingual is fairly simple. They speak other languages because they are so close to germany/ england, ect. Being so close you travel there fairly often. You have a "real" need to use the language daily. Most US citizens have no need to travel out of the country. If i do travel out of the country I'd goto canada, and they speak english there. I don't live close eneough to quebec to need to speak French. Which by the way is the old country french, they don't speak that type of french in France.

He also told me that when english speaking people goto france, the french don't want to speak french to them. They'd prefer to practice their english skills with you.

I do see the point Barack Huesien Obamma is making, but he is very out of touch with reality. Could be that ivy league tower he lives in.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr Miller, do you not grasp the fact that ENGLISH is THE international language, the means by which we ALL communicate with others, regardless of where we go? What good is learning or speaking Spanish going to do anyone going on vacation to S. Africa, Wales, India, etc. This is America and the majority here speak ENGLISH!

I will forever stick to my guns and ONLY speak English in my country, even if it does eventually get over run by illegals who can't speak a word of English anyway. You come here, you learn my language, not the other way around.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So Pete, Im guessing you thank the English for nearly exterminating Welsh? I mean its a barbarian language anyway right? Kind of like Spanish according to you.

Sean McElwain

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You obviously know zip about the Welsh language. It's reputed to be the oldest language in Europe. What's your background's claim to fame?

By the way, the Welsh language is probably stronger now as the younger generation want to keep it going.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There was just a tinge of Sarcasm in my post Pete. My family came here from Scotland and Ireland 200 years ago speaking nearly the same thing.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where was the Smiley? I still haven't figured out how to post them!

·
So long & thx for all the fish
362 Posts
Kaj la **** donis nomojn al cxiuj brutoj kaj al la birdoj de la cxielo...

If you speak three languages you're trilingual, speak two and you're bilingual, and if you speak one you are an American.

So Pete, Im guessing you thank the English for nearly exterminating Welsh? I mean its a barbarian language anyway right? Kind of like Spanish according to you.

Sean McElwain
Technically, any language other than Latin would be "barbarian".

You obviously know zip about the Welsh language. It's reputed to be the oldest language in Europe. What's your background's claim to fame?

By the way, the Welsh language is probably stronger now as the younger generation want to keep it going.
How does pointing out that the English consciously attempted to suppress the other languages of the British Isles demonstrate ignorance of Welsh on Sean's part?

By the way, why would the younger generation want to keep it going when English is the international language? That would be like an English speaking American learning Spanish, or German, or Chinese, or !Kung or Esperanto ;)

Oh, and unlike "Big Ears'" statement that learning a second language might be an asset, Welsh instruction has become compulsory in all schools in Wales since 2000.

Additionally, while Welsh, Breton, and Cornish are all branches from a common ancestor language that is undoubtably much older than the Indo-European languages that predominate in Europe, Welsh as a distinct language emerged in the 6th century. Basque is almost certainly much older.

If nothing else when I'm teaching geography and we study toponyms I appreciate Welsh for this gem:

Every year I offer extra credit to any student that can correctly spell it from memory by the end of the period. No one has been able to yet. Kinda like the spelling bee from hell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts