Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Note the extra degree of concern afforded to anyone catching these guys on-stage (check out the mirrors). "Hey, we didn't see you behind us! What flashing lights?!"

Either that, or this pix was taken at shakedown, and they wanted to really cut some serious aerodynamic drag off the EVO.:7

·
Registered
113 Posts
Most of the top cars have either swinging rear vision mirrors or very narrow ones. I don't know if it is so much the aero-dynamics or whether it is one less object to be knocked off the vehicle when they are cutting corners.

The ones on the Subaru are opened out on touring stages and clipped back on Special Stages.

Don

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yea.. they're most likely power-operated. I've seen these mirrors on rally cars before. If there's reason to think there's someone trailing them, they just flip a switch to activate the mirrors. This might not be so on the EVO VII, but it's a possibility.

·
Registered
151 Posts
>The ones on the Subaru are opened out on touring stages and
>clipped back on Special Stages.

I guess I'd never noticed... thanks.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is not a special feature to rally cars, most cars in Japan have that feature (electric folding mirrors) since the streets are so narrow. Since the Evos and WRX's in group N trim reamain mostly stock they will retain this feature. The WRC cars don't have it. I have always wondered why that feature is removed on the American spec Japanese cars.

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
258 Posts
Vodka Kick = technicolor yawn? :7

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
258 Posts
Oo, ooo...

If they crashed & left body work, would it be a technicolor lawn?

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
I don't know but I think the car was manned by Earl and Ralph.

Kent Gardam

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
>That is not a special feature to rally cars, most cars in
>Japan have that feature (electric folding mirrors) since the
>streets are so narrow. Since the Evos and WRX's in group N
>trim reamain mostly stock they will retain this feature. The
>WRC cars don't have it. I have always wondered why that
>feature is removed on the American spec Japanese cars.

Same reason why Ford doesn't keep their adjustable-tilt headlights over here, and put in a reverse lock-ring on the gearshift.... The general North American driver doesn't care enough about driving or learning how to drive to know how to use these things properly. My opinion anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts