Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of this afternoon, my petition to run for the national Board of Directors from Region 7 (Southwest Division) is in the mail to Topeka. Assuming I get elected, I am sure I can look forward to being called an SOB for the next 3 years. But I like being abused. :) So every one in SOWDiv is requested to vote for me. Get a voice for rally on the national board.
Richard Miller

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Hmmmmm.

If we "move" to a SW region, how long do we have to "reside" there before we can vote?

press on,

>If we all change our regions of record to one of the SOWDiv
>choices, we can all vote Richard into office.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The GCR's talk about your "home" region and limits when you can declare it for points purposes, not for voting purposes. But don't forget, there are 3 or 4 other regions also electing board members this year. Any one else want to run?
Richard
Edited to add:
Actually, this year would be a good time for us to take over the BoD :) because there is one more board member being elected this year than in others. Up for election this year are Kathy Barnes in the North East, Ken Patterson in CenDiv, Robert Schader in Rocky Mountain and John Martinsen in Northern Pacific. I am not sure who besides Ken Patterson are actually running for re-election. I am running as our present board member is at the end of his term limit. Others may be also.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the definitive details, go to the national web site and download the bylaws. Basically, you need 20 member signatures to nominate you. I sent in 40. The deadline is Oct. 1. The ballots go out Oct. 15. Check your e-mail (assuming I can find your address) and I will send you the nomination form. Change my name to yours and you have it.
Richard
PS: Holly you have one qualification that I do not. You are RE. I have managed to avoid that duty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts