3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>So now I guess you'll be dying your hair red and drinking
>Guiness. You do still have hair, right?

Don't need to dye nuthin to qualify ... Go on, ask MJ ...

Guiness? Hell yeah - and St. Pauli Girl, Dos Equis, Tsingtao, Shiner Bock, Summit, Boulevard, Fat Tire ...

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Mike, I have a question for you. In the photo in the mag with you clenching your fists in front of you, are you telling the co-driver to leave that much space under the tightened belts? The reason I ask is because when I crashed at Laughlin, I had my harnesses as tight as I can get them, as I always do when in a car, yet my head still hit the steering wheel when I crashed as the belts stretched, as they're supposed to. If, you may not be able to answer it, what would happen to a body if you had that much slack in the harness and you were wearing the HANS device. Would the top section of your body, pecs upwards, jerk forward on impact and possibly do some damage to one's neck or would the head and body move at the same speed? Does the HANS device prevent one's neck from being snapped backwards? If you can't answer, maybe someone else can. It's not a trick question. Input anyone?

·
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The person sitting in that seat prior was a good deal larger than Conor so we had to get the belt's adjusted behind him so he'd have the proper range of adjustment at hand during the event. Knowing he has yet to don layers of Nomex, his helmet and wishing to leave a smidge of room to adjust the seat fore & aft, it's fists under the belt, leave enough poking out to be 'grab-able' and then adjust out the slack at the buckle back on the roll cage. I noticed he too adopted the habit of cinching up the belt on-stage like I (and I presume we all) do to keep things snug all the time.

That, or I was beating my chest chanting, "Me DRIVER, Me DRIVER, Me DRIVER!" to make sure his introduction to Yank rallying was memorable! ;-)

Conor, btw, is far too self-deprecating in that article. There are few (very few) codrivers amongst the 19 who have ridden with me to date that I wouldn't go out of my way to ask back in the car, but Conor is not one of them. For someone THAT green, he picked up this codriver stuff up real quickly, made some rather astute observations during the event and, I believe, had a great time. He substantiated for me my long-held contention that the Irish have rallying in their blood.

Halley ...
ProRally #86
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
yep I'm now 19. Looks like a goldmedalist girl beat me to being the famous person in allen tx.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got an email from circuit City talking about "Mad Mike" and some cars or something, got real excited only to find out mad mike is some guy who ricers out cars with huge subwoofers or somethingx(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts