Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Captain Slow
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first and second of many noob questions most likely...

Does anyone know if it is mandatory for Novice Co-Drivers to attend the Novice Licensing School on Friday afternoon? I will be attending, but my Co-Driver won't be back in town until Friday night.

Also, does anyone know if a Temp Tag and Insurance is good enough for the rally, or do I need the real license plate?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
371 Posts
Drivers AND co-drivers are required to attend novice school the first time out.

Temp tag and insurance will be fine. Make sure you bring the declaration page for your insurance, and that you meet the elevated insurance requirements for rally (I think it's still 100/300/100).

Tommy

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
Drivers AND co-drivers are required to attend novice school the first time out.

Temp tag and insurance will be fine. Make sure you bring the declaration page for your insurance, and that you meet the elevated insurance requirements for rally (I think it's still 100/300/100).

Tommy
your service/tow vehicle has to meet the insurance requirements as well.

·
Captain Slow
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that info Scott.. I have to check what I have on the truck.

I also need to check that RA rulebook when I get home, it would save a whole lot of trouble if only I had to be there for the Novice meeting.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah, sorry if I'm wrong on that one. I know that we both had to attend at our first rally. Didn't think that the rules might have changed on that. Definitely check the rulebook and the supplemental regulations.

Tommy

·
Can't we go any faster?
486 Posts
From the RA Rule Book:

2.1.C.3. The Novice Driver must attend the New Competitors’ Seminar prior to each event.
If an official says otherwise, your best bet is to find out who is running the NCO and get them to meet both of you at a bar and buy beers. That did the trick when I started.

·
Captain Slow
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my answer from RA. Tommy was right, both must attend, but a decision can be made by the event steward if its not possible.

Looks like I also have to remove my exhaust downturn and extend it past the bodywork. Everyone see the Exhaust Bulletin?

Learning so much today.....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If one or both of you REALLY can't make the rookie seminar, the Event Steward will commonly make arrangements for you to take the class - either before or after the regular class. I've held a class in my living room before an event.

Just make the arrangements early, so someone will be available. There are a number of people who can teach the class.

Bruce

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
when does registration open?

I want to enter the rally. when does registration open? I tried to enter on the RA site.

thanks
Scott

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
(I think it's still 100/300/100).
I thought so too, but...

RA-1.6.c:

Insurance Policy
For events with public road transit sections, the owner/entrant must
warrant having a valid auto insurance policy with liability limits of not less
than $100,000/$200,000/$50,000 in force for each vehicle entered (this
includes support vehicles). Actual proof of such insurance showing limits
must be produced to event officials at registration.

Cheers,
Anders

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ah, that's right. 100/300/100 is the lowest I could get through my insurance company to satisfy the requirements. Those numbers just stuck in my head.

Tommy

·
Registered
506 Posts
At Rally Colorado last year my co-driver missed the novice school and got not only a monetary penalty, but was threatened to be excluded from the event, as well as required him to attend the novice school at each event until he reached 18 coefficients. The infraction was also important enough that it was written up in detail and posted on the official notice board for the whole event. So yes, I would say it is definitely required.

That said, even though it was almost a year ago now, in light of some of this discussion, if someone knows who the correct person would be to contact about this, that would be VERY much appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm with Scott. How do we register and pay for the event? It's coming up very quick I don't want to miss out on early registration.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts