Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

Would anyone be willing to trade the 34mm Restrictor Rule for doing away with Course Notes? Thinking outside the box a little, I wonder if some compromise is possible.

SCCA wanted to slow things down a little and therefore established the "34mm Restrictor Rule". A number of Competitor's are accustomed to paying an additional $150/event for Course Notes in order to go faster. One objective seems to conflict with the other.

The value or liability of Notes and Restrictors have already been debated as separate issues. To my mind, running a Tulip Rally with an unrestricted engine is closer to the essence of Rallying than the opposite. (Good route books being required, of course.)

Anybody want to trade?

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Sorry, I don't buy into it. The consistency of notes far outweighs the desire to save $150.

As for restrictors, I'm opposed to the idea, especially if a long lead time isn't given for competitors to spend the dollars needed to reconfigure/re-map, but if them's the rules, them's the rules....

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
In my opinion, this is a valid proposal. I myself wouldn't support it as I feel much safer with stage notes. However, if the goal is to slow down the cars, Rich's idea has some merit. If the goal is to increase safety, my opinion is notes contribute much more to safety than the 34mm restrictor. Even with the 32mm restrictor for GN, Jeff and I were going as fast as I really want to on some stages this year (Wilson Mills at Maine and the gravel drag strip at Wild West are examples).

Mark Utecht

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
"trade the 34mm Restrictor Rule for doing away with Course Notes"
There is no relationship between the two.
Do you walk to school or carry your lunch?
---
A 12 time entrant or someone good with maps (or both) will nearly offset the lack of Jemba notes.
rz

·
Registered
527 Posts
There's more than just open class and PGT, you know. Teams use notes in Production, G2, and G5 also where restrictors obviously can't be used. How would a proposal like this benefit the other 75% of the field? How about we take notes away from OPEN CLASS and PGT, let them have their 40mm or none at all, but leave the notes for the rest?

[hr]
CP
[hr]

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
What the hell is this...?

Notes have nothing to do with restrictors.
If you want to drive fast, sign into the Open or Gr. N class.
I wish everyone would stop whining and concentrate on their own class.
Open and Gr. N will always be the faster class.
Gr. 5 and Gr. 2 will have to fight it out between themselves as well.
Do Super 1600 drivers expect to take an overall win against the Gr. A/8 cars? C'mon people!

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hey Rich,

Well, that is thinking out of the box, but probably won't get any traction. To much disparity in the intent of the restrictor rules and the appeal of notes to a for portion of the community. But keep thinkin'!

Regards,
Mark B.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Neverrrrrmind

>Well, that is thinking out of the box, but probably won't
>get any traction. To much disparity in the intent of the
>restrictor rules and the appeal of notes to a for portion of
>the community.>

Mark,

Yikes! Ha! I guess a lead ballon just won't jump out of a box. Neverrrrrmind! :7

Rich "with lead balloon on foot" Smith

Merry Christmas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts