Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to take a minute to express my thanks to all of the teams that were part of STPR last weekend for once again helping to make it a weekend to remember. Being hamstrung with a lack of garage space, I'm (for now) stuck on the outside of the rally bubble and contribute my part to the rally community each year by working STPR. Hopefully that'll change over time, but for now townhouse living makes it kinda hard to do any TIG welding in the driveway...

Special note of thanks to the Styles/Dillon team for being what I can best describe as true ambassadors of the sport. Despite coming back to the green for the restart with a bungie cord holding the door closed on his side of the car, John was all smiles, glad to answer anyone's questions. I appreciate the bag of candy I got from him when handing out time cards at the green. Small gestures like that show a sign of thanks that goes a long way.

Can't wait to do it all again next year. Hopefully the weather will be a bit better on race day, though! (Worst case it's always warm and dry in the Gaslight)

- Chris

·
Registered
132 Posts
As someone who MTC'd at Rim 2003 & 2004, Styles/Dillon always had smiles, sometimes candy but mostly a sense of true appreciation for the worker and the sport. It is they and many, many others who keep me coming back and looking forward to So. Cal. rallies. :p

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
And as someone who drove with John Dillon at a particularily hectic Headwaters rally, I was digging that damn candy out of the nooks and crannies of the car for two months afterwards! :)

Oh well, if it put's a smile on a workers face, then I guess it's OK. Besides, it makes a good snack when you DNF.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

1 - 3 of 3 Posts