Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at the latest listing of entries for the Sawmill ClubRally:

http://rallyright.com/sawmill/sawmill03-entry.html

Out of the 26 entries to-date, 20 are in open class. My old slow GTX is surrounded by EVO's, Impreza's and for some odd reason a slew of Talon's.

Seems everyone else has concluded as I did that the only way to really improve your seed is to run open or at least PGT. Is seems possible but very difficult to work your way up the ladder in a G2 or production car.

I have nothing profound to say now but thought it might spur some interesting discussion.

Gary (aka hippocrite)
#893 Open GTX

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Well, the list seems to be not too accurate. Car #931 Kennedy/Kennedy is PGT not Open so I don't know how many of the other are inaccurate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well...we just completed the build of our car, and when researching what to buy/build, the most cost effective for the performance appeared to be a DSM car. (I'm sure others will disagree) You can pick up a nice used street car for about $1500. So for a AWD Turbo car, thats pretty cheep. I wanted to build a SAAB, but I was told that finding rally parts for them was way to hard and expensive. We also originally anticipated building the Talon as a Production GT car....but then the 12 year rule was made effective and that killed that idea. Also, the Talon is pretty tight on space, so gutting the interior is pretty nice. I guess the other reason we built this car...was that I already owned it :)

- Andy
#879 - Eagle Talon

·
Registered
408 Posts
All those Open class cars at Sawmill

OK, what can I say but I sucketh at the Internet.

In developing a very cool web based registration & scoring system I <gasp> made a slight coding error that accidentally set some cars to Open class.

My bad.

It's fixed now.

Thanks for pointing it out to the entire world! ;-)

Daphne
data entry clerk and sucky programmer

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>and for some odd
>reason a slew of Talon's.

Remember that some of the Talons are now too old to be PGT cars (at least as ProRally cars - remember that some of these cars are likely going to run STPR and Maine) and they now have to run a 32mm restrictor as a PGT car. It makes Open a much more attractive class.

Adrian

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
RE: All those Open class cars at Sawmill

We, your humble servant, were just testing your code for you, that's all }> BTW, which part pays more, data entry or programming x(

·
Registered
408 Posts

Data entry pays more. I am bribed with cigars and booze before doing it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts

Now I see some of the entries have times associated with the entry on the right side. Is that the pre-determined time they they have been assigned/paid for }> Is that where some of your pay comes from.

·
Jct Motorsports &Collision
374 Posts
Hello everyone I am one one the three grp 2 cars there on the list. you can keep the AWD cars Its more fun finishing a head of them with a 2wd . Any one can drive a fast car fast but driving a slower car fast is alot more of a challenge.
Plus I have what it cost for a new evo in my car, and parts a every where .Chris Putzier #963:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

1 - 10 of 10 Posts