Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· your other left, you idiot
4,013 Posts
Same roads, different organizers, different notes, different sanction.

All good.

Everything worked.

Thanks to Andrew (and Dan, Guy, Rocky, and Robin) (and all the workers and orgainizers especially).

Drove by Burning Man HQ in Gerlach.

What was Andrew Havas doing there?

Lots of critter sightings....

First time venue?
I'm thinking these are the same roads we ran in 06 maybe 05 - I maybe wrong too
press on,

· Registered
301 Posts
It was not a "first time venue" (well except for Rally Moto) rather it was a "first time organization"...

Yes it used the same roads you ran in 2005 and were supposed to run in '06, but instead of the one stage run in '06 we actually got all 8 this time.

And everyone i talked to indicated they had fun, so by that measure I'd say it was a very successful rally.

If only we'd had about 8 more entries I wouldn't be looking into applying for a second mortgage this week....

· NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
psoper said:
And everyone i talked to indicated they had fun, so by that measure I'd say it was a very successful rally.
Always the most important measure of success! :D

It was not a "first time venue"
That's only my long-term-memory giving out... :eek: Rally gets a new name with new people and there I go forgetting everything! ;) Go with it anyway... the press eats that stuff up. They don't care what it is as long as it's new. ;)

Congrats! :D:D

Cheers
Anders

· Kevin Welker
486 Posts
It was a great time. Fun, smooth roads with enough variety to be interesting. Not too damaging to the equipment. The only issue I had was with the gas bills and my bad luck at the blackjack table.

The organizers and volunteers did a great job, now if I had just driven a bit faster......

· Registered
16 Posts
Did they mention the wrong sanctioning body in the Newspaper article? I thought the NNR was a NASA Rally Sport event and not Rally America.
Yeah, it was a NASA event. If you are referring to the quote from Seth about Rally America putting him in contract with Pete and Michel, that is also correct (from what I know). They put him in contact because they knew the event was in the planning stages, but at that time there was no decision on the sanctioning body.

· Registered
301 Posts
Actually, at the time JB referred Seth to Michel and I, we had already let him know we were planning to use NRS.

JB had the wisdom to realize that getting all the interested parties together was going to be the best thing for the sport, regardless of which outfit would process the insurance fees.

· Registered
240 Posts
Excellent roads! I am very happy that my car did not once utter the word "bang". The stage roads were a lot of fun as there were no long straights, just lots of turns and a bunch of blind little crests(where I promptly chickened out). Interestingly enough, the majority of the surface was hard packed.

The event was very well organized and friendly. The volunteers and organizers were great. Temperatures were decent for desert environment(mid+ 80s). It even rained!

Looking forward to next year' s event.

George

PS I found that the organizer supplied notes were thorough and an absolute bargain(at $25). I think that actually $50 for the notes would still have been quite a bargain.

· Registered
3,099 Posts
OMFG so much Fun!

Awesome Awesome Awesome Rally !!!
Many thanks to everyone who came out to make this happen. The event workers , the event chairs, and all the rally teams who came out.

Its great to see we made the news in a positive fashion. They left me out of the results all together :( lil bummer as i would have liked to show my mom my name in the results. i guess this way she won't have to see i was the "Last non DNF driver" :p

Those roads were awesome and they treated my lil car quite nicely. I've only done Safety mods to the car so far and I raced on the stock suspension. Only bent one steel rim (org 13 inchers that came with the car) Course i didn't really go fast either. :p I ** think** i have non OEM struts but i'm not sure, they are what came on the car when i bought it 10 months ago they are leaking a lil, but combined with stock springs they gave a nice soft ride (probably not what i should be looking for but i'm just looking at the bright side) :D Really if my car made it on stock gear , the roads couldn't have been better!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.