Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find current NARC standings?

Doug Woods

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Does anyone know where to find current NARC standings?

Doug;

AFAIK they are only available in the CARS mailings. Due to the nature of the championship, the actual standings are usually not representative of the championship until near the end of the season, since that is when it becomes clear who actually ran enough events to qualify.

I'd guess that Pat is leading in Overall and GpN, though ;-).

Adrian

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>I'd guess that Pat is leading in Overall and GpN, though
>;-).

I think Pat has only run Open in Canada. Peter Thomson seems to be running GrN in both countries.

·
Registered
8 Posts
>>I'd guess that Pat is leading in Overall and GpN, though
>>;-).
>
>I think Pat has only run Open in Canada. Peter Thomson seems
>to be running GrN in both countries.

Pat ran and won Perce Neige in his Group N car.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>>I'd guess that Pat is leading in Overall and GpN, though
>>;-).
>
>I think Pat has only run Open in Canada. Peter Thomson seems
>to be running GrN in both countries.

Dave:

Pat ran Group N at Perce-Neige.

Pat has more or less won the overall NARC Championship. He has three wins in each country, so he has the maximum number of points achievable.

I am interested in knowing exactly how the class winners are determined. Takings Pat's wins this year, as an example. He has three Group N wins in the USA, one group N win in Canada, and two Open class wins in Canada. In NARC, you must count at least two rallies in each country.

So, does that mean that Pat has to run another event in Canada, in a Group N vehicle, to be eligible for the NARC Group N class win? Also, in order for him to win the NARC Open class, does he have to run two events in the USA in open class?

Does anyone know the answers to these questions? I assume that Pat probably does and hopefully he will post, if he knows.

Doug Woods

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>So, does that mean that Pat has to run another event in
>Canada, in a Group N vehicle, to be eligible for the NARC
>Group N class win?

Yes.

>Also, in order for him to win the NARC
>Open class, does he have to run two events in the USA in
>open class?

There is no such award any longer. The Open class award was replaced by a GrN award.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>>So, does that mean that Pat has to run another event in
>>Canada, in a Group N vehicle, to be eligible for the NARC
>>Group N class win?
>
>Yes.
>
>
>>Also, in order for him to win the NARC
>>Open class, does he have to run two events in the USA in
>>open class?
>
>There is no such award any longer. The Open class award was
>replaced by a GrN award.

Dave:

Thanks for the info. See you at Maine and/or Defi?

Doug Woods

·
Registered
803 Posts
even tho i ran the grp N car at perce neige, I entered it in Open.

I am not aware of the NARC class awards, however, I am not going for Narc class awards, and i've tried to stick to one class (in each country). So that is actually up for grabs.

I didn't know the rules exactly and we actually checked the rulebook after the last MTC at Baie. You can count three from each country (up to 4) with a minimum of 2 in each. We weren't sure if you count count three from each (since everyone in my memory has been doing the four plus two thing).

I've only had my eyes in Canada on the overall and on Grp N in the US. Now we have scored maximum points towards NARC overall. (3 wins in Canada and 3 in the US). Even if someone were to win all the remaining rounds in the US, and then 2 in Canada (which is what it would take to tie me on calculated points), or the three remaining Canadian and three of the 4 American, we would still win on tallied up points (which is the tie breaker situation). So we've effectively locked up the NARC overall title with the 3 wins in Canada and 3 in the US.

Class-wise, I probably will not qualify for any class awards.

-Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts