Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lol yeah I think this is the 3rd time this maps been made. I made the same one about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
add the NORRA 1000 and NORRA 500 races in Baja to the map as well as the Nova Scotia rallysprints and Rally...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Missing Shannonville Stages (April 12 - Shannonville, Ontario) and the western Canadian regionals (Cochrane, Mountain Trials, Kananaskis, Big White; not sure what dates)

Also Targa Newfoundland (Sept 14-19 - St John's, Newfoundland)

Very cool map - thanks for compiling

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Missing Shannonville Stages (April 12 - Shannonville, Ontario) and the western Canadian regionals (Cochrane, Mountain Trials, Kananaskis, Big White; not sure what dates)

Also Targa Newfoundland (Sept 14-19 - St John's, Newfoundland)

Very cool map - thanks for compiling
Shannonville and TARGA added. Could someone give me a heads up when the Rally West 2014 event schedule is published?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry, not Nova Scotia....New Brunswick...http://www.lookoffrally.com/ One full stage rally + two rally sprints. The date for the rally sprints is not set but the full rally is.
Maybe my internets is broken but I can't find the 2014 date for Look Off Rally.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Maybe my internets is broken but I can't find the 2014 date for Look Off Rally.
Right there on the homepage Simon! Listed in the wrapup notes from the '13 event...8/23 and 8/24 2014.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
What's unfortunate is that all Rally America national events, with the one notable exception of Oregon Trail, are in the East and NorthEast, which makes the R-A national championship largely impractical for pretty much everyone on the West Coast. If one is based in SoCal, the closest R-A national event (OT) is just over 1000 miles each way, with all other national events being > 2000 miles each way. Sure, it might be possible to rent garage space for rally car & associated spares, service vehicle & tools somewhere somewhat central e.g. Pittsburgh, and pay someone to prep the car, but that only adds to the cost & does nothing to mitigate the cost of flights from the West Coast to the East Coast for competitors & essential crew members.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is this a map of Rallies? NORRA, San Felipe 250 and Imperial Valley 250 are not car-based rally events. Nor are the Baja events.

Just sayin'.....

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
I've seen cars at the NORRA rallies. You'll have to describe in more detail how your flavor of "pure rally" excludes that from being called a rally.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What's unfortunate is that all Rally America national events, with the one notable exception of Oregon Trail, are in the East and NorthEast, which makes the R-A national championship largely impractical for pretty much everyone on the West Coast. If one is based in SoCal, the closest R-A national event (OT) is just over 1000 miles each way, with all other national events being > 2000 miles each way. Sure, it might be possible to rent garage space for rally car & associated spares, service vehicle & tools somewhere somewhat central e.g. Pittsburgh, and pay someone to prep the car, but that only adds to the cost & does nothing to mitigate the cost of flights from the West Coast to the East Coast for competitors & essential crew members.
Same problem if youre in Florida or Texas. Only 100AW is close. Sandblast for NASA. Its a big country.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts