Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Andrew. I and my best friend recently attended our first rally (Show-Me-Rally in the 100 acre woods. We have been interested in rally for about two years and want to take the plunge into the sport. First step for me is to buy a proper rally car. Looking to compete in some Rally America events next year on a tight budget of 5K for the car. Any tips or advice is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
twoguysrally!

· Registered
62 Posts
Glad you enjoyed Show Me. I was co-driving for 0 and I don't think we could have asked for better conditions. Great competitors, volunteers, and spectators. You didn't say if you wanted to buy/build your first car, but i think it's safe to say nearly everyone recommends buying your first. At 5K, I would assume that most Rally cars are going to need some work or perhaps additional equipment. You'll have to be patient in watching the ads and asking around. At 5K be very aware of the condition of the cage and if it meets current spec or if it has been grandfathered in from a lower spec (such as an old SCCA spec). Also at that price, you'll want to assess the condition and ability to meet spec for the other safety gear, seats, bets, etc. Rally America, ARA, and NASA are the three big Rally Orgs in the US. Look out for a used car, ask around, and read / re-read each organizations rule book. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.