Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit I dont fallow teh ins and outs of WRC very closely, but what is up with sropping the codrivers name off the cars?

I sure hope we continue to run the codrivers names here in the USA. As a driver if I have a navigator whos name I dont want on the side of my car, I certainly dont want them sitting next to me. I have been fortunate to have some fantastic codrivers and I am pround to place their names on my car. Infact at one point I use to have the service crews names on the back window. Every driver Know you cant win without a good team, they dont get nearly enough credit, why take away what they do get.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The World Rally Council decided that co-drivers names on the car confuse the public. Basically, we're too stupid to know the difference between a driver and a co-driver, and its too much for us to realize that rallying is a sport with two people in the car...

Anyways, I think this is quite possibly the most offensive of the new FIA rules. Mille pistes and SupeRally are bad ideas, but at least they aren't an slap in the face.

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
I thought they were superior?

So much for the Continental's belief of intelectual superiority.
The Bubba's know the names of the tire carriers and the truck drivers.
I'd think having MORE stars would offset the days when some drivers retire or die. Sort of a continuity thing. It also opens the door for endorsements which can be another avenue for promotion, all-in-all, a short-sighted view.
rz

·
Registered
689 Posts
Lets try this when I work stages , especially Rim Friday night stages, If I need to get the Navigator's attention their name is on the side of the car and I can shout "Hey John" . I don't know every co-driver out there have done exactly what I've just said. So by all means if someone were to actually suggest taking the Navigator's names of the cars you can tell them we workers/organizers need them there.

Tom Grossmann , SEED 9 Rallysprint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts