Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
R5- > L5- NC (don't roll)
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rainier Auto Sports Club announces that Registration is now open for the 2010 No Alibi, June 5-6, running on some of Washington's best gravel TSD roads.

This is NOT a Stage Rally, but offers great roads and offers good friends a chance to work on car control and in-car communications.

No Alibi 2010 is a 500-mile, two-day tour of Eastern Washington exploring the beautiful scenery, pleasant weather and endless roads of Eastern Washington. You'll see some of the best gravel back roads and some quiet paved ones as well. The event will begin and end in Moses Lake, Washington, and overnight there as well. The course will use all types of roads from highways to wide gravel roads to twisty and dusty dirt roads, however No Alibi roads are selected for their character and are not of the car-breaking variety.

visit the Rainier website for more info on this and other events:
http://www.rainierautosports.com/eve...bi/default.htm

·
Registered
413 Posts
A great event last year and everything that Ron says it is. Sadly, I have an annual business meeting that falls on the same weekend and we won't be able to make it this year.:(

·
Not Ron Barker's Son!!!
228 Posts
Hmm...gotta check with the wifes travel dates, but I might be able to finally attend this one again :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well so far I have only read about a TSD rally, on the site.
Looks like allot of fun. I would love to join this rally but still need to figure out how to prep a car and team for this.

Any "more" ideas? 500 miles of eastern gravel roads sounds like I will need to focus on how to prep the car.

·
R5- > L5- NC (don't roll)
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like allot of fun. I would love to join this rally but still need to figure out how to prep a car and team for this.

Any "more" ideas? 500 miles of eastern gravel roads sounds like I will need to focus on how to prep the car.
Think of this as a tour of Eastern Washington, with a bunch of other folks, enjoying the scenery, good old friends and new...
Car prep is just like for any 500 mile trip -- good tires, full sized spare, car reasonably reliable... there are some places that are a long way from AAA, or cell service for that matter.
We are up to 18 entries now! A month to go.
As for trying to figure out a TSD rally, don't sweat it. Every turn instruction has a mileage. Otherwise follow the normal obvious main route. Speeds will be enough to keep you busy but mild enough to check the scenery (occasionally). This has been run in the past in an Escalade, a pickup truck, a Honda Fit -- sorta the big and the small. If you don't have a skid plate, just take it easy on the rocks in the middle of the road, drive around them! As a Novice you'll be Seat of the Pants -- and in good company!

--R

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sun, rain, clear and cloudy, my experiences on No Alibi would indicate the only thing you can count on is that anything might happen...especially with regards to the weather.

·
Something clever
821 Posts

My '93 legacy is lowered (an inch or two) with no skidplates and it has done just fine the past few years at no alibi. Would I recommend it to anyone else? No, but that's how my car sits now.

psoper is quite right about the weather. There have been some decent swings in weather during the event. The only semi-consistent thing seems to be the wind. :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think NoBM is one of the finest gravel TSD events around.

Re: Car prep: gravel tires aren't strictly necessary but they are nice to have. +1 on the recommendation of a full-size spare!!! Make sure to pack snacks and water, you won't want to run out of fuel for the driver and navigator mid-rally.

Above all---- Have fun!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hopefully the car will be drivable by then, maybe get her out for a cruise before the Rally Idaho debut!
Two full days of touring in a prepped Rally car probably wouldn't be my first choice- not to detract from No Alibi- it really is a fantastic weekend TSD rally, but NNR would be a better shakedown for a rally car... just sayin'...

Actually either one would be a great opportunity for you- if you don't have the rally car quite ready- take the grocery-getter out for No Alibi. We'll really be most disappointed if you don't run in either one!

(NoBM isn't until October, but that's a good one too!)

Sorry for the threadjack, we return you now to your regularly scheduled No Alibi discussions:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Car deff won't be ready for NNR, several key pieces are still waiting to be shipped/machined/etc. Choices are do neither, or do No Alibi in the stage car or the gf's matrix, my truck isn't in WA right now....im fine with sitting in the stage car all day, I wouldn't trust having the matrix out in the middle of no where eastern Washington. At this point other then cage/seats/harness and some saftey stuff its like driving a stock sti, the restrictor isn't installed, the protune still can be set to stock, the suspension isn't installed so its on stock struts, A/C is out but roof scoop is in....I agree its not the best choice but i'd rather get out there then not go!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't agonize over the car. If it's safe and legal you should be good to go! My wife and I ran it in my DD '97 Impreza last year and had a ball.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't agonize over the car. If it's safe and legal you should be good to go! My wife and I ran it in my DD '97 Impreza last year and had a ball.
exactly my point! fact of the matter is I dont trust the matrix with well over 100k going to the grocery store ;) that unintended acceleration is some scary stuff...oh wait thats only on hybrids and made up by people in debt and faking it so they can sue

1 - 20 of 31 Posts