Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I might be a LITTLE biased here. I introduced myself to him today at the "Rally World" magazine tent. You are probably talking to one of, if not, THE, nicest, most gracious, knowledgable Welshman to sit in any WRC car! Any question posed to him was answered in that Welsh accent, I still have mine too, but Nicky's is more pronounced, was done in a totally professional manner. I complemented him on his commentaries and behind the scenes input on "Speed" channel and asked if he could do more. He stated that he would love to carry on, but his schedule precludes him from it being a regular thing. If you ever get the chance to talk to him, he will give you an honest opinion. WRC, wake up out there, this gentleman could be the greatest ambassador for rallying, either as a world class co-driver or as a behind the scenes commentator, or BOTH! Nicky, keep up the great work, you're welcome here anyday. PS. Signed both my magazines without me even asking.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes, I have to agree. Getting my Picture taken with Nicky Grist was one of the highlights of my weekend.

I was a little pissed at the little "note" on the notice board at the holiday inn lobby on Sat night. those of you who saw it know what I'm talking about. I dont know what prompted whoever posted it to do so, but I would be very embarrased as an American rally competitor if it's message ever got back to Mr. Grist. It was extremely disrespectful and in poor taste. We promptly removed it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
don't stir the pot and not spill the beans!!! what did it say? "Nickie's momma wears army boots?!?? WTF Inquiring minds want to know!}>

·
Registered
483 Posts
It was a "co-driver looking for a seat" post (that I was ok with), but contained many non-P.C. (to say the least)phrases and terms that where not OK...

... and no, it was not a cultural thing. THese terms and phrases are not acceptable in any language.

It was very un-cool.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Matt for removing whatever it was. To those that didn't get a chance to talk to Nicky, if he ever comes back, make a point of talking to him before you even look at the cars. Well worth the wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts