Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick Craw will take over for Burdette Martin as president of ACCUS when Mr Martin retires in 2005 he will be our direct link to the FIA:)

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Will someone give all of us the lowdown on this guy? Some of us have never even heard of him. Thanks in advance.

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
> Will someone give all of us the lowdown on this guy? Some
>of us have never even heard of him. Thanks in advance.
>
>
Who is Craw?
This is "the Craw"
[http://thealieninvader.port5.com/issue2/the_craw.jpg]

Max: "So, the Craw, we meet again!"
The Craw; "NOT CRAW!!!! CRAW!!!!!!!"

Of course this might logically lead to the question of Who Hoo is...
[http://www.charliechan.net/harryhoo.jpg]

Harry Hoo, the guy who captured the Craw!

Zhang Wei Han
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
Vive Le Groupe F!

·
Registered
724 Posts
does anyone know of a good way to get a reply from ACCUS? I have called and left messages but never got a reply. I needed some licensing questions answered.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
>What is ACCUS?

ACCUS stands for the Automobile Competition Committee
for the United States, FIA, Inc. (ACCUS). It holds the "sporting authority" for all FIA events in the United States. It is considered the "Authorite Sporting Nationale" or some such (abbreviated ASN) for the United States (National Sporting Authority)). It in turn delegates the sporting authority to various member clubs, such as USAC, IMSA, SCCA, etc. for different disciplines of racing.

Sporting Authority means the authority to put on FIA racing events. In order to receive an "FIA Sanctioned" stamp of approval, the event needs to be sanctioned by a member club.

Interestingly, ACCUS will not give exclusive "sporting authority" to any one club in the United States for any specific racing discipline (such as CARS has for rally through the Canadian ASN, or the MSA has for racing events in the UK). This is due to anti-competition/anti-monopoly concerns in the United States. The US is literally one of only a few, if not the only country, where the authority to sanction FIA events is not vested in one organization.

Nick Craw headed the SCCA for 17 years, before he was booted and Steve Johnson replaced him. Do some research on the 'net to find out his background.

Regards,

Wilson

1 - 10 of 10 Posts