Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why Nichols used his golf in the Baie? Anyone have any information concerning reasons for DNF's for all the unfortunate ones?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi,

Here's what I know. But remember that's it's all "heard of" so there maybe some errors!!

For Jon, I don't really know why he used the Golf. Maybe the Impreza wasn't ready.. Maybe Julien could answer that if he sees this!! From what I heard, Jon will be in Maine with the Impreza...

For the DNFs:

Erickson: rolled
Julien: alternator
Paynter: rolled
L'estage (Buffum's elantra): Mechanical
Nichols: transmission (not sure about that)

Don't know about the other ones!

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
We ran the Golf (in Open class)for fun because the Impreza was not ready. It gave us an opportunity to practice together and dust off the usually trusty Golf. Nice to have such a good back up car.
At the spectator area on the last stage Friday night we tore the splines off an axle making the acute right up the hill and could go no further.

Look for us in the Lachute Impreza WRX Sti at Maine Forest. It was nearly done but the bodyshop guy is a perfectionist and did it right rather than rushed it. That, and it was a lot of work. Hopefully will be testing in it next weekend.

Dave Shindle

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Dave, are you Jon's new co-driver?

I suppose I am. Jon & I been talking about it since before PerceNeige. I really like the old style WRX and although I was getting rather fond of ACP's Evo, I wanted to get to ride in the Lachute Subaru.
Will still be doing some US events with Randy Zimmer (who just put a H6 6cylinder engine in his ImprezaRS) and perhaps Pierre Bazinet.
Actually, I'll codrive for anyone for beer.

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: Dave, are you Jon's new co-driver?

> Actually, I'll codrive for anyone for beer.

And you probably don't need to give him the beer ;-).

Adrian

·
Registered
40 Posts
We're putting the engine and tranny back on as we're talking ( or as I'm writing ! )

Everything should be ready for Maine, so both team should be entering the event !

Nice to have Mr Schindle in the team !

Julien Pilon
Lachute Subaru

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.