Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the new issue and nice write up on Mike Hurst and his Mustang (and prior vehicles). If you build that 60's Camero, as a owner 30 years ago of a 69 Z28, I must have a ride in it :9

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
>
>So far, the camaro is just in the "dumb idea" stage.

Like "there is no dump question", I think there is no "dumb idea" unless it's tried and is a complete failure }>

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks! I started on the article almost a year ago, and took most of the photos in March while traveling to Cherokee Trails.

http://www.winktimber.com/prorally/2002-01cr100aw/02020119c.jpg
On the way to 2001 Group 5 National ClubRally Championship, 100 Acre Wood, Feb. 2002.

Look for more rallying articles in GRM. I have several in the works. The editors there are interested in rallying, though their primary interest remains with autocross and road racing.

Tim Winker
www.WinkTimber.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
GRM has been a long time supporter of the Rally Series - Primarily the Club Rally level. Numerous articles about "grassroots" Club Rally teams have been published within the pages of GRM. GRM is also part of the Club Rally Contingency Program.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I think GRM is probably my favourite mag in the whole wide world. And now that its all-colour, the rally reports won't be relegated to the B&W section.

It would be nice to have some articles on setting up rally car suspension, fabrication, etc though. Or some rally project cars!

I haven't seen anything about their ClubRally contingency program, I'll have to find out more about that right away!

Skye Poier
Seattle, WA

Vive le Prole-le-Ralliat!
Member, CCCP - Canuck Covertly Collecting Points
Member, Sierra Club - Ford, that is

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hmm well, they give you a free GRM subscription or renewal for a 1st place ClubRally finish in any class - a $20 value!

Better than nothing, and I'd put the stickers on my car anyway.

Skye

1 - 9 of 9 Posts