SOMEBODY UPLOAD SOMETHING

Gary Cavett
Cavett Rally Motorsports
NWR SCCA
car #288

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just received a message from my sister, who is down there selling tires, who said that Paul Eklund and Scott Huhn broke the tranny on the new WRX on the press stage. Subaru America offered some new parts (they originally thought it was the diff), but apparently does not have an extra tranny to give.

I'll try to get an update later this evening from her (she'll be hanging out at the service, peddling her goods).

BTW, she hung out at the bar in the hotel lobby with Petter Solberg last night! She says he is tall!

Mark Tabor
taborrallyteam.com

·
Registered
451 Posts
That is bad news about paul....he has spare units but if he put the 6sp RA unit with the fancy electronic diffs....that makes for an expensive weekend

thanks for the news thus far

Gary Cavett
Cavett Rally Motorsports
NWR SCCA
car #288

·
Registered
451 Posts
Here's what i have heard via cel from an entrant....(girlfriend)

an 1.5hr line wait for registration and tech was just as bad....

900 plus signed up to meet Petter...

people everywhere...then more people.....

but when all you do is stand in line you have zero info about anything else.

Oh... and Jamie will be running in the pro event so you all better re think your picks for the top 3 finishers in prod!!! :7

Gary Cavett
Cavett Rally Motorsports
NWR SCCA
car #288

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes, unfortunately the news about Paul's car is true. I spoke with him for the first time today and he seems like a great guy... but luckily he thinks he can get the car fixed by tonight's first stage. He has an extra tranny, but it's not as strong as the one he had in the car. It's too bad, but obviously it's better than had it happened on the first stage of the night.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Check the front page of Special Stage. The most current and available news seems to be right there.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Love the updates on the cover page --

One question -- who and what is the third Hyundai? I can't find it on the start list, but then my eyes are tired.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
>Love the updates on the cover page --
>
>
>One question -- who and what is the third Hyundai? I can't
>find it on the start list, but then my eyes are tired.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Our mistake. The P car is at the event, but did not enter.

Jim

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You guys are doing a great job with the "cover page" a great scale of info and updates for the US series. Love Jeff's articles.

Mike

·
Registered
452 Posts
More Paul Eklund news...

As of the start, Paul had been fitted with a dogbox tranny from the Subaru team, which "loaned" it out to him for the event....

But, it is the "you breaky--you buy" rule...

Mark Tabor
taborrallyteam.com

·
Registered
204 Posts
Friday results are up. WOW! Of the 9 national competitors shown as DNF, 7 started in the top 17. Looks like the big boys are pushing each other hard! DNF: Choiniere, Rod Millen, Tuthill, Patterson, Lahm, Chavez. More big names at the bottom of the list, apparently with troubles: Kosmides, Sheperd, Malik, Rhys Millen. Anyone have news?

·
Registered
452 Posts
More news from sister Kristen and brother Matt:

They said that there seemed to be a lot of carnage up in the hills last night! Bob Pendergrass end-oed his Blazer, which sounds to me like a pretty amazing feat--if you know Bob and the Blazer!!

Again, a lot of co-drivers dealing with queaziness...Definitely not easy on them!! Kristen was making her way around the service area with the ginger root pills and various other remedies.

Lovell's car is pretty damaged on the co-driver's side, from the roll, but all cosmetic. Dave Latourette went out on the first stage (outside the Holiday Inn) after turning too soon on the paved portion and running into a curbed-island: both wheels broke, along with a lot of other items--a DNF.

Kristen's going to gather some more info and call me with other stories later this morning...

Mark Tabor
taborrallyteam.com

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
> Dave Latourette went out on the
>first stage (outside the Holiday Inn) after turning too soon
>on the paved portion and running into a curbed-island: both
>wheels broke, along with a lot of other items--a DNF.
>Mark Tabor
>taborrallyteam.com

Ick ... Any idea if the damage is bad enough that he's likely to miss STPR now? I thought we'd finally get the two stateside blue NB Rally Cars in the same rally next month.

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
452 Posts
Don't think so, but talk about suspension damage. It was just not possible to continue, especially without a "legal" service after the first stage. Rod Millen, (driving the new car after a before the event switch) broke on the same stage, although he had a part failure, not really from running into anything, but without service--impossible to continue!!

Mark Tabor

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
SS1 - J.Stre 173 D.Cole 165 (up 8)
SS2 - J.Stre 1245 D.Cole 1249 (up 4)
SS3 - J.Stre 1909 D.Cole 1763 (up 150)
SS4 - J.Stre 540 D.Cole 537 (up 153)
SS5 - J.Stre 1130 D.Cole 1247 (up 36)
SS6 - J.Stre 527 D.Cole 563 (Tie breaker to Jay!)

Jeesh - what fun!

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 20 of 48 Posts