Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Peter Thomson won - there was a really tight battle between Thomson and Comrie-Picard until ACP lost oil pressure on the last stage. They were trading seconds every stage and I think it was a 3 second gap between the two when Andrew DNFed.

Dan Sprongl was having a misfire in the Cossie, followed by gearbox failure landing off a jump.

L'Estage went off on the first stage, recovered, and then bent something in the suspension IIRC.

Reilly/Felice won Group 2 over Kishkarev/me by 11 seconds.

Other winners:
P4 - Malone/Stark
P3 - Prokofjeva/Grishetchkin
P2 - Hendy/Baxter

It was a really great time. Small entry, but there were some very tight battles that went down to the wire. Road held up really well, too.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Peter won the first stage by 2s, we won the second by 4s, we either tied the third or Peter won by 1s, the fourth we tied, the fifth we won by 1 or 3s, and on the sixth someone who was timing us to a point said we were both 5s faster. Shortly after we lost all oil pressure 4k from the end and I shut it off. Doing bottom end bearings, which were damaged, and replacing turbo cartridge as a precaution - turned it off red hot.

But an amazing battle - after 30min of racing we had never been seperated by more than 3s. I think we were both flat out most of the time, although we each had a couple of baubles - Peter with a launch and me with fuel delivery.

The curves in the road were excellent - many crests. The road got much faster through the day as the ball bearing gravel got thrown off and the hard surface got churned up. But what a tire-eater! Peter and I both went through 6 essentially new Yoko softs with almost nothing left afterward. Tires got really hot too, although ambient temp was maybe 26C.

Great organization and marshals. Great competition. Need more cars.

Best, ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.
www.musketeerracing.com

·
Registered
233 Posts
This road packed a lot of chalenge into 8km. A nice 3 jump sequence, off cambers over crests, a lot of elevation, immovable objects on corners ("don't cut" and they really meant it), hard packed ground, loose gravel near the top of the road, a couple of small washouts . . .

Don't know what the "real" co-drivers think, but the routebook seemed very comphrehensive to me for a 'blind' rally (we added a few notes as we did each run), and kept me quite busy, very few dead spots. I think we, Car 0, had better times than the winning P2 team twice :7, but not by much (7:21 was our best, street stock Civic, which about CAS 65). It was a blast!

Here's my pics:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/herrhamm/lst?.dir=/Galway-Cavendish+Forest+Rally

Hats off to the organiser's. This rally is worth supporting.

Congratulations to our MCO team, Darryl and Jim (P4)!

Craig
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kchamm/rally.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts