Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
Is this the 2003 WRX? Is it the anticipated US STi version? Tell me more!

Mark

·
Registered
452 Posts
that's an artists rendition
and there are other, similar "fake pix"
that have been seen about the
internet for months...

the 2003's are here already...
no signifigant changes at all...
although, there is a new and different yellow.
still not a "good" yellow... but at least it's not pastel.

cheers
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com
www.subiegal.com

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep. Let's just hope it doesn't look like that... If you're going to make a car ugly, at least make it bold and interesting, a la new-age Impreza. That rendition is not only ugly, it looks like an Accord!

·
Registered
83 Posts
>still not a "good" yellow... but at least it's not pastel.
>
>cheers
>Jamie

Watch it, girl. We love our little "mustard+mayo yellow" Subie. You mean it won't be a major collector's item some day? :-(

Oh, well. I guess we'll have to make a new rally car instead.

Ken Hawley
Silenus Motorsports
Kalamazoo, MI
Audi 4000Q - #577
2002 WRX - Blaze Yellow

·
Registered
286 Posts
Speaking of new Sube produx...

Anything out there on the grapevine about converting that new Baja to do the rally game???

http://www.subaru.com/home.html

I think this thing has definite possibilities...just kinda wish I'd have had an extra 60 days and an extra $12K...mighta got one...it's on the Legacy platform; does this mean that all the good stuff already out there would fit (suspension, etc)?

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
I think the pic at the top is an old concept sketch, from the era of the changes between the old and New Age Imprezas. Note the identical headlamps to the newer Legacies, before they decided to go with the "bug-eye" look.

The design director of the Impreza (or was it the head of Fuji?) was quoted as saying, "round headlights are IN" and they have no intention of changing the design, no matter what anyone says about it. Subaru has built up a wonderful ability to completely ignore design critics (how else could you justify the Brat and the new Baja?)

Besides, I've grown to like the bug eyes.

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland
"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." -- Isaiah 45:22

·
Registered
41 Posts
what is being revealed in paris is the 2003 Impreza WRX (thats 2004 model year to you over in the USA, why you have to be a year ahead in your numbers to the rest of the world is a major mystery?? :7 )

All the images seen so far are photoshop mockups, there havent been any spy shots taken in switzerland like with the original bug eye.

No one knows for sure what it will be, but it will be a facelift rather than a new platform, so based on tooling costs etc i would expect subtle changes rather than a rethink of the major design. I wouldnt be surprised if the major changes were along the lines of the mods already in the market such as a more purposeful rear spoiler and morette style front lights, maybe changes to the front fenders and hood too, as these are realtively easy to implement. I cant see the main body shape changing much.

Then again i could be very wrong. :+

·
Just another Subaru
786 Posts
I like the "new" lights better.
but changing the design every 2 years seems like it would hurt sales.
becouse no one would buy becouse they might like next years better.

i just want a un-watered down STi version to come over.

Erik Schmidt
Flooredsubaru
"Just keep 3 of the 4 wheels on the road!"

·
Registered
41 Posts
But that isnt the new lights, thats just a photoshop of what someone thinks it may look like. We will have to wait until the end of this month at Paris to know what it is going to look like.

It's not uncommon for Japanese manufacturers in particular to give facelifts every couple of years, the reaction to the fugly made that a certainty i think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts