Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Adrienne, I'm from California and currently into building my 350z and tracking it occasionally, I also build my jeep for rock crawling and I have always been interested in rally and would love to participate in the future but for now I would just like to research and learn more about the sport until the funds allow me to jump right in.

·
!!! R4>2/][
167 Posts
Welcome Adrienne!

There's actually a few rallies around you that are (relatively) close if you're in the LA area, you should check out the California Rally Series website at: http://www.californiarallyseries.com and links to the individual events from there. The dates have not been posted but should be up there soon. Come out to a few events if you can and volunteer, you'll get to be close up with the cars and the drivers and it'll be a great opportunity to ask questions and learn.

In the meantime, check out the link in my signature to the Rally University, which has a ton of great information about rally and can help answer your questions about getting started. Once you've checked things out and come out to volunteer at a few events, you might think about codriving! It gets you in a car, and costs a lot less money. From there you'll gain insight about what you want out of a car and what works and doesn't which you can apply to your own car in the future.

Let me know if you've got any questions, love to help out where I can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch! I have been reading a bit on the California rally series site as well. Some of the info like how the classes work or what requirements are needed are little confusing to me. Not as simple as track driving haha. But for now unfortunelty I can't build a car just yet. I Am dying to get out here a drive. Believe me! I'm also trying to figure out differences in rwd, fwd, and awd platforms. I've read a lot of different discussions on this and it seems everyone has different opinions. Personally on the track and daily I love rwd. That's all ive ever driven but I know grip is different from rally. Thanks for the info! Looking forward to learning as much as possible before I jump in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts