Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From The Business of Motorsport - a weekly (expensive) mailing that a friend gets - last week's edition "It remains to be seen whether or not Ford continues next year but Hyundai has already announced...."

I've found this newsletter to be highly accurate and a week or two ahead of the rest of the press on most subjects.

Any news? Seems a shame given how great the car is and how good Markko is.

That said, I hear morale on the team is very low...

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have 2 questions; First, why would they pull out after investing so much in a new car and signing drivers for the long term?
Second, why is the team morale low? If you ask me they have the best car in the WRC, it just needs to become more reliable

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>I have 2 questions; First, why would they pull out after
>investing so much in a new car...

Porsche 959

and signing drivers for the
>long term?

Mitsubishi WRC 2003

>Second, why is the team morale low? If you ask me they have
>the best car in the WRC...

Success is only one part of morale.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Remember this is FORD, as in Big Business bottom line Ford.

If Dearborn decides to slash costs as is being reported all over Detroit.....for the shareholders you better bet motorracing is at the top of that list. NASCAR is untouchable, but anything else is game to be slashed.

Return on investment is all you need to know. How many vehicles are sold because of Ford's WRC car?

If someone thinks that "it's not that good" then the party's over.

It has ZERO to do with results or being compeitive. It's what does the boardroom think when it comes to Return on Investment.

Brian

·
Registered
240 Posts
So who is left for WRC competition then? Subaru, Skoda and Peugot Citroen. Hmm well I am sure that Subaru won't win the championship with the current Impreza vs the size/weight of the Fabia, Xsara or the 206. Hmm, a four way race doesn't sound interesting. Is WRC dying out? Could others step up? FIAT? VW? Suzuki?

·
Registered
213 Posts
From World Rally News:

"Rival manufacturers have started pitching for Acropolis and Finland winner Markko Martin, in case Ford pulls out of the World Rally Championship at the end of the season.

Asked if he was interested in Martin, Peugeot Sport Director Corrado Provera replied, ?We have a saying in France, if my aunt had wheels, she could be a tram. I don?t know how you translate that.?

Boy, there must be some GOOOOOOOOD drugs in those cigars he's smokin'!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts