Special Stage Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Uh Oh, UH OH, UHH OHHH!!!
1,818 Posts
Denise,
This is a New New rally Nov 8th 2010 in Nocona on city property. Would this one count towards Bilstein USA ... also?:) The Roxton Rally de Paris has moved to the Spring 2011 to avoid deer season and farm machinary.
Brad
#727 Datsun 510
Spring? I thought it was January 15th, 2011?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Good for you guys!!!! Yes I heard it has moved...once you guys have a firm date..I need to know that for the SWRC calendar. I thought I heard January...

For this new rally...unfortunately now since it is too late in the year to place a brand new rally on and for anyone out here to go and the series sponsor for the Bilstein Cup Class for any participates to put it in their budget for such a new event not far off....plus Seed 9 Rally is on November 6th....

So get with me (pm) about the new dates of both rallies and let me see for budget reasons for 2011...since we will be putting another rally on the calendar as well from North California area- Mendencio Rally..(if I spelled that correctly.)

GREAT....

If your event is not November 6 or 7 of this year...we love to have you guys come out to Seed 9...
go to the latest news on the Central regional forum for the update news...but if your event is that weekend..please do go to the Texas event guys..give them support.

Denise McMahon
Series Director
Bilstein USA SWRC

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
So whats the going rate to get through tech with no HaNS and a non compliant cage? :)

Jan sounds like a awful tempting shakedown for 100 AW!

I'll be there in Nov. In what capacity remains the question.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well, maybe if we can get any of them to finish. :)
Now Now Richard, we may have a few off road excursions and have hit those live deer chicanes you through in, but we do finish. The Bug even does with the Tank Trap. The Datsun is going to be at Nocona. The question is, are the crew with the VW Bug men enough to show up and challenge the Datsun again?:D Is the Saabababahb coming? Please do! That is three Historicals.:cool:
Brad
#727 Datsun 510

·
aircooled
1,371 Posts
Now Now Richard, we may have a few off road excursions and have hit those live deer chicanes you through in, but we do finish. The Bug even does with the Tank Trap. The Datsun is going to be at Nocona. The question is, are the crew with the VW Bug men enough to show up and challenge the Datsun again?:D Is the Saabababahb coming? Please do! That is three Historicals.:cool:
Brad
#727 Datsun 510
It all depends on time off, cost, quality of the course, etc...

I really liked Roxton and have it on my list of 2011 events to run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pardon my ignorance (sorry, from Arkansas) of the Co-Efficient 1 rallies but could we run multiple drivers in the same car like a rally-x. We plan on being there but are trying to come up with a plan to maximize seat time. I really don't know how short/long these events are or how they work. We've now ran Paris last year and 100 acre woods this year. Other than that never attended/witnessed any of this fun!

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You may swap drivers between events, no problem. With a sanction exception, you might be able to swap drivers between stages. But, unlike a RallyCross, you can not both enter the same rally. A Coef. 1 rally is just like any other rally, only shorter.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I made a mistake on the date in my original post. The date for the Nocona Rally is November 13. We are going Monday labor day to layout stages on site. It looks good on Google Earth first draft, so now it goes onto real dirt. We will do our best to make this a lot of fun.
Brad
#727 Datsun 510

·
aircooled
1,371 Posts
switching drivers

You may swap drivers between events, no problem. With a sanction exception, you might be able to swap drivers between stages. But, unlike a RallyCross, you can not both enter the same rally. A Coef. 1 rally is just like any other rally, only shorter.
Where in the rules does it say you can't switch drivers between stages?

A. The driver and co-driver may not switch duties during the event as to
unfairly score championship points. If driver and co-driver switch and a
competitive advantage is exhibited, then the driver giving the car the
"competitive advantage" (i.e., the faster driver) will score driver points;
the other driver will score co-driver points; the manufacturer will score
points as normal.
B. If driver and co-driver switch and no competitive advantage is exhibited,
then the driver, co-driver and car will score championship points as listed
on the official entry form.
C. The Event Steward will determine competitive advantage and will post a
notice of his determination as soon as possible after driver/co-driver
switching takes place.

Seems to me that switching is allowed, but scoring points will be given to the faster driver.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When we know a team is swapping places between stages, it has to be approved by the steward. Okay, so it is not a sanction exemption, just something we need to know about.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Take photos and maybe video of the stages. I'd like to know about the surface and type of roads used.
Surface is dirt, sand and bushes. :) Brad is going up with a 4 wheeler to layout stages this weekend.

It will be fun since that is the way we get paid.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Surface is dirt, sand and bushes. :) Brad is going up with a 4 wheeler to layout stages this weekend.

It will be fun since that is the way we get paid.
I'm glad it is going to be a lot off fun later, cuz I'm whupped and sun burned. We needed 2 four wheelers. Yes it is 99% firm sandy soil. I found 2 large rocks in the whole day of walking/layout. The paved runway is a fun change to the dirt.:D As a Rally goes it will lean heavily towards a Technical one. I do have some photos and I-Phone video but do not know how to post on here. PM me your e-mail add... and Ill send you a clip.

Brad Fast
#727 Datsun 510

·
Rickshaw goin the wrong way...
646 Posts
A good friend's entire family lives just down the road from Nocona in Muenster. She might be able to provide contact information for people who know the area really well.

I'm down in Austin, and will definitely be there for the race. I don't know if my car will be ready or not, as it still sits in Colorado, unused for the last two years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will be there!

Hopefully driving my own car. It is at the cage builder now. I am going to run open light.

If I don't make this I may spontaneously combust!

Brianne

·
Will Crew for beer
87 Posts
This sounds awesome.

Has the 00 car position been filled? :D

This being a one day Rally will help with getting workers, I could probably get at least 3 to come down from Northwest Arkansas.

Let's see, that'd be a 6 hour trip in the Jeep, a 5 and a half hour trip in the Impreza, or a 4 and a half hour trip in the Datsun. Decisions, decisions...

21 - 40 of 53 Posts