Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a good work session this past weekend with the mayor of Nocona Texas and now we have a place to rally. So we are planning two Coef. 1 events for Saturday November 13th. Yes, it will be a little bit like a RallyCross because it doesn't use much real road as it will be held at the former municipal airport and the adjacent gravel pit/brush dump area. But this is over 300 acres and we can promise you a fun event. How about a 3000 foot runway for a dragstrip?

So lets us know if this sounds like fun so we know how many hot dogs and how much beer to buy.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, they are county controlled. The county commissioners don't know the difference between street racing and competition on closed roads. They did not think that they could even legally close a road although I have sent the appropriate state statutes up there. Given the county government is in a bit of a tizzy at the moment since the county judge (chief legal officer in a county akin to the mayor of a city or governor of a state) committed suicide recently. It was shortly after a meeting with us but I don't think there is a connection. :)

Any way, we are trying to put on a small event so we can get permission for a larger one.

ETA: While in Nocona last Saturday, we stopped at their new history museum to admire it and to look around. The woman who was running it asked why we were in town. When we explained we were there planning for the rally, she remarked how she was planning a big breakfast party at her farm so every one could watch the rally go by. I explained our problems with the county commissioners. She said she was going to call and complain. Her husband is a local lawyer and they own enough land to be influential apparently. We shall see.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next rally January 15 back in Roxton. Remember both of these events count towards the 2011 season for points.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mark,

Having done a handful of 2-pass events in Canada, New York, and with NASA I'd be happy to give pointers ahead of time, or at the event. There are definitely some tips and tricks if it your first time. Paper, pencil, pen and eraser selection turn out to be important... but then again I used to draft, so I'm weird about stuff like that.

If you've done one pass you are part way there. It sounds like a great event for people to try it out.

·
L1 !!! HPR into HPL
950 Posts
Mark,

Having done a handful of 2-pass events in Canada, New York, and with NASA I'd be happy to give pointers ahead of time, or at the event. There are definitely some tips and tricks if it your first time. Paper, pencil, pen and eraser selection turn out to be important... but then again I used to draft, so I'm weird about stuff like that.

If you've done one pass you are part way there. It sounds like a great event for people to try it out.
I should be there as well and having done multi pass recce several times and have sat thru several recce schools, I will be glad to help with the school as well. Really think we should do some sort of recce school for all in addition to the required novice school.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sarah, Dave,
I will let you arm wrestle for chief instructor position.

My money is on you Sarah. :)
Richard

·
aircooled
1,371 Posts
No more than the normal novice school.
7.3. RECONNAISSANCE
When a rally offers reconnaissance, the following rules apply:

E. Rallies that let competitors create new pace notes (as opposed to
annotating the stage notes or route books) must offer pace notes training
and should offer two-pass reconnaissance.

So you're going to run a pace notes class in addition/separate from the novice class?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
No reason we can't be there, Richard. 5 hours, we've driven farther to rallyx.

Dibs on 00?

Tony

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Do note that Roxton Rally de Paris is part of the Bilstein USA SWRC series and there will be some contigency funds for the event for competitors in 1st place winnings ....

Denise McMahon
Series Director
Bilstein USA SWRC

·
Registered
196 Posts
Do note that Roxton Rally de Paris is part of the Bilstein USA SWRC series and there will be some contigency funds for the event for competitors in 1st place winnings ....

Denise McMahon
Series Director
Bilstein USA SWRC
Denise,
This is a New New rally Nov 8th 2010 in Nocona on city property. Would this one count towards Bilstein USA ... also?:) The Roxton Rally de Paris has moved to the Spring 2011 to avoid deer season and farm machinary.
Brad
#727 Datsun 510

1 - 20 of 53 Posts