Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
You know Christian,
not all of us out here have really quick connections and the whole BS of PDF file etc makes it a 5 minute operation to read three lines of info.

Couldn't you copy and paste the thing here?
We probably figure that it was an oafish-al SCCA bulletin from all the oafish-al SCCA stuff all around, so the non'sense of never posting anything oafish-al here could be maintained since there would also be the dumb PDF thing at SCCA.whatever.

Thanks.
John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>Couldn't you copy and paste the thing here?

Hi John,

Sorry, I don't know of any way to copy a .pdf file to make a .html file or text file, so I can post it here. If anyone knows of a way to do it, I'd like to know.

Sorry,
- Christian

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's not pretty (format wise), but here it is......

Sports Car Club of America, Inc. ? Building 300 B Street ? Forbes Field ? PO Box 19400 ? Topeka, KS 66619 ? Phone: 800.770.2055
PRCB052103-progress bulletin-b.doc web: www.scca.org email: [email protected]
SCCA ProRally, SCCA ClubRally Progress Bulletin ?B?
Success of New Operational Measures,
Recertification of ClubRally
Bulletin #: PRCB 052103 - B
To: All Competitors, Organizers
From: Kurt Spitzner ? SCCA Performance Rally Department Director
The SCCA Performance Rally Board & Series Managers, Scrutineer
cc: SCCA ProRally Manufacturers Council
Subject: Performance Rally Administrative & Operational Adjustments
Entrants Affected: All
Overview:
As reported in Progress Bulletin ?A? of 21 May, the Performance Rally Board, working with the
Performance Rally Department, and Risk Management, put in place a number of operational
and administrative adjustments focused on enhancing the overall safety of SCCA Performance
Rally events. The adjustments that were put in motion at The Susquehannock Trail Rally were
successful, and did not substantively alter the competitiveness of the sport.
The success of these measures is owed in no small part to the exceptional cooperation and
support of the Susquehannock Trail?s organizing committee and their event staff.
The Department is able to start the ClubRally re-certification process with the underwriters as a
result of the success and repeatability of these measures, (detailed below). As soon as the
underwriters have reviewed our documentation and processes, and have presented their
conclusions to the SCCA Board of Directors, we will be able request from the BoD approval to
bring existing ClubRally events back onto the schedule. This ramp-up will be on a case-by-case
basis; each event must be able to demonstrate compliance with the new procedures.
The new operational and administrative adjustments that have been presented to the
underwriters include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. National Safety Steward now the final authority for overall event operations: In
the past, the Series Manager (Club or Pro) or his/her designate was the final authority.
This change allows the Series Managers to focus solely on issues that affect their
respective championships, and enables the National Safety Steward to focus solely on
the overall safe conduct of the event in conjunction with the event organizer.
2. Restricted access to non-spectator designated areas: As detailed in Performance
Rally Organizer Bulletin #051903, any area that has not been designated by an event
organizer as a spectator area is now off limits to anyone except event essential
personnel, SCCA National Office staff, and registered, SCCA ProRally hard-carded
(national) press.
3. Enhanced on-stage communication capability for marshals and competitors:
Marshals at critical locations on a stage will be able to contact either net control or the
stage captain directly. Competitors who are licensed amateur radio operators will be
furnished with radio net frequencies to be able to contact net control when faced with a
life-safety issue on stage.
4. Marshals enabled to stop a stage: Stage marshals, regardless of their role, are able
to stop any stage immediately when faced with a non-solvable by other means
spectator life safety issue.
5. Improved signage at restricted areas: in addition to improved manning of spectator
areas, the perimeters of these areas, plus the entrances and exits to stages, will now
have signage that clearly and concisely communicates to the reader that they cannot go
beyond that point.
6. Substantially revised Spectator Area setup guidelines: These guidelines will limit
the closeness to the stage road that spectators can get to, and prevent spectator areas
from being setup in potential impact areas.
7. Mandatory Driver?s & Worker?s Meetings: At all events, the respective Series
Manager and Safety Stewards, in conjunction with the organizers when appropriate, will
conduct a mandatory attendance Drivers Meeting to review or announce special
operational issues that affect that specific event.
8. Extensive pre-event and event-day inspection of the route: These inspections will
be managed by the National Safety Steward(s) to determine and confirm that adequate
spectator controls (marshals, banners, signage, etc) are in place.
Implementation Date/Event: Not applicable ? for information only
Notes: None.

Mike Anson
In the Midwest? Join the Rally Cabal!
Now with forums! http://www.rallycabal.com

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>

>(heehee, I beat George...)
>
>Bjorn Christian Edstrom
>Co-Driver

And people say that the board doesn't wanna communicate with the members? They are frickin' competing to see who's first!!

Good job. Thanks for working hard to get Club Rally back.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
If money were no object
272 Posts
[font color=blue]I would like to thank all involved in bringing these procedures into play and in the future implementation of this plan. Thank you for your time and effort to make the suspension as short as possible.[/font color=blue]

Steven Perret
Car# 226
Driftin4 Racing
[email protected]

·
Registered
907 Posts
Some of us have day jobs :)

thanks for posting it, I have been pretty slamed the past few days and not to mention sick, few days in Mexico and now I am paying.

-george

·
Registered
245 Posts
>>Couldn't you copy and paste the thing here?
>
>Hi John,
>
>Sorry, I don't know of any way to copy a .pdf file to make a
>.html file or text file, so I can post it here. If anyone
>knows of a way to do it, I'd like to know.
>
>Sorry,
>- Christian

You have to have purchased the full version of Adobe Acrobat to be able to copy and paste out of .pdf documents. Or like me, have someone who is nice enough to give you a copy of thier program. And yes, copying and pasting out of .pdf documents can be VERY messy format wise.

Since my fastest connection is about 49 Kbps on a good day, I just open the .pdf document in another window and continue surfing in my previous window. Keeps me from getting annoyed at having to wait. And unles its more than about 4-5 pages it only takes a minute or two to download anyway.

Nice to know we're on the road to having events agian! I had patience and realized these things couldn't be solved in a week or two.

Nick Polimeni
www.odysseyhouseonline.com

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>You have to have purchased the full version of Adobe Acrobat
>to be able to copy and paste out of .pdf documents.

Actually, I found an easier way. If the .pdf file has been on the web for a few days, and can be found with a Google search, you can take the .pdf search results, and click "Display as HTML"

Apparently, Google converts/translates all pdf's that it crawls into HTMLs, as well.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
Co-Driver
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
408 Posts
There is a little toolbar button that looks like the letter T. This allows you to select text. So, click the T, select the text, copy and paste.

Well, unless you are on a Mac or something ;-)

·
Registered
366 Posts
we will be able
>request from the BoD approval to
>bring existing ClubRally events back onto the schedule.

This
>ramp-up will be on a case-by-case
>basis;

each event must be able to demonstrate compliance
>with the new procedures.

>The new operational and administrative adjustments that have
>been presented to the
>underwriters include, but are not limited to, the following:

>1. National Safety Steward now the final authority for
>overall event operations:

In
>the past, the Series Manager (Club or Pro) or his/her
>designate was the final authority.

>This change allows the Series Managers to focus solely on
>issues that affect their
>respective championships,

and enables the National Safety
>Steward to focus solely on
>the overall safe conduct of the event in conjunction with
>the event organizer.

What exactly does this mean?

Is the "National Safety Steward" to be at each event?

If so, what if 2 events are the same day at different locations?

Not trying to cause problems-just trying to understand how this is suppose to work.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I dont read it as stating the National Safety Steward (NSS) has to be at each event, but he(she) will have a larger role in each event. Kinda like #8 where it specifically states that the NSS will Manage the safety inspections.

isn;t the SCCA currently looking for Divisional Rally Safety Stewards? I'm sure these people will be the NSS representitives and have just about as much authority over event operations and safety...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
> The success of these measures is owed in no small part to the exceptional cooperation and support of the Susquehannock Trail?s organizing committee and their event staff.

It would be nice to know what their success criteria was.....?

They'd already said that pro rallies were safer due to the national oversight.....

Glenn

·
Registered
946 Posts
>> The success of these measures is owed in no small part to the exceptional cooperation and support of the Susquehannock Trail?s organizing committee and their event staff.
>
>It would be nice to know what their success criteria
>was.....?
>
>They'd already said that pro rallies were safer due to the
>national oversight.....
>
>Glenn

They were successfully able to have another 15 people from Topeka make the trip on someone else's dime (that would be our dime indirectly I suppose...)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts