Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am currently studying my Honours Degree in Motorsport Competition Car Technology at Myerscough College and University Centre, Preston. For my dissertation on Electric Rallying in the UK, I have created a survey using Google Forms to collect data on thoughts and feelings of Electric Vehicles used in Rallying in the UK.
If you are a current rally driver please could you take a few minutes of your time to fill my survey out as truthfully as possible.
Attached below is a link to the survey.
Many thanks for your support
Zach

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
855 Posts
Hey Zach, while I think it's great that you are trying to do something like this, please understand people are going to be leery of an external link from a member that just signed up. Spam is a rampant thing in forums now filled with links.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Zach, while I think it's great that you are trying to do something like this, please understand people are going to be leery of an external link from a member that just signed up. Spam is a rampant thing in forums now filled with links.
Thanks 'mellow65', I understand what you are saying. When posting the survey I did think this would be a drawback but I would like to assure people that this is a genuine link for my University dissertation. This survey has been created on 'Google Forms' as it was free to use with a Google account.

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
855 Posts
So I did your form, looks ok to me. I'm not in the UK however. Have fun with your dissertation!!!

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Zach, your survey assumes that electric will be the only option. From work I am seeing at New Mexico State University, there may be bio based liquid fuels. Think straight alcohol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zach, your survey assumes that electric will be the only option. From work I am seeing at New Mexico State University, there may be bio based liquid fuels. Think straight alcohol.
Hi Richard,
Thanks for your comment, I am aware of other upcoming fuel options. However, my dissertation needs to focus on one or the other and I have chosen to concentrate on the electric vehicles, as this is what we are seeing more of in the UK at the moment.

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Hi Richard,
Thanks for your comment, I am aware of other upcoming fuel options. However, my dissertation needs to focus on one or the other and I have chosen to concentrate on the electric vehicles, as this is what we are seeing more of in the UK at the moment.
Okay, then things you may want to consider is electric vs alcohol vs bio diesel. More torque hence better acceleration with electric but maybe range is limited if all the power in electric is used early in the stages. In other words, with an electric car you can carry a big lead until such time as you run out of juice but if you go just fast enough to finish, you may win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts