Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a 30 man who discovered rally 2 years ago and fell in love. I follow the WRC and ARA, have a sim rig with DR2 as my game of choice. My dream is to one day get a rally car to do some events with (once the wife gives permission). Until then, plan on volunteering at events and just consuming whatever I can in the world of rally.

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
912 Posts
Welcome the world that can consume your life if you allow it!! Poke around, ask some questions. Volunteering in my opinion is the best way to get introduced to this sport. Also offering to help someone in service is another way. Trust me, no skills required, just the willingness to help goes a long way. Typically from there people will try their hand at codriving, or might just go straight to driving. The more you are involved the more you will meet people and the more opportunities become available. Good luck!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all, I'm a 30 man who discovered rally 2 years ago and fell in love. I follow the WRC and ARA, have a sim rig with DR2 as my game of choice. My dream is to one day get a rally car to do some events with (once the wife gives permission). Until then, plan on volunteering at events and just consuming whatever I can in the world of rally.
What kind of car are you looking at? Have you checked out your local scca rallycross yet?

Lots of great events the UP to volunteer at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! I'm probably just going to try to buy a used rally car off of somebody, probably an entry level 2WD for budget reasons, not picky about makes, so long as it runs. But that's several years off from now. I'm in the middle of moving to the suburbs and then getting a nicer car (currently drive a 14 Legacy). Trying to decide between an electric car (Tesla, Mach-E) or something like a BRZ/86 (something that can do a daily commute into the city comfortably, efficiently, and fun). Will definitely check out SCCA once I upgrade!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nothing fun about commuting into the city...but you can have comfortable and efficient! Get a pickup to tow that rally car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts