Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
Yes!

Congrats and thank you for volunteering.

Mark Utecht

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mike,
You're a great competitor and thanks for giving your time to help the sport. I hope you can come out and observe the Doo **** (or better yet, compete)!
Dave
Car # 207

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Anybody who says "ALL cars are junk" is my kind guy, even if he did beat me the one time we met in the woods, the dirty rotten bas******.

Congratulations Mike.

when you gonna move to make 2wd cars the Sole class for National points? SSMMMMOOOOCH!

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Good person for the job. I hope he realizes that by accepting the position, he is mere weeks away from becoming a hated man(goes with the territory).:7

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>Good person for the job. I hope he realizes that by
>accepting the position, he is mere weeks away from becoming
>a hated man(goes with the territory).:7

Should we avoid the rush and start hating him now?

Only if he makes us all drive nasty-ass V8s!
Does this giving him any actual power to decide things?

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Black Rocket Rally Tires
http://www.blackrockettires.com/

·
Registered
583 Posts
JVL,

Hopefully, Mike will be a true advocate for ClubRally interests within the SCCA organization. (Even when they conflict with ProRally.) Those who know him seem to have every expectation that he will.

What's good for ProRally is not necessarily good for ClubRally; and I don't think the aspriations of the ProRally membership have changed very much even though the Manufacturers have mostly pulled out. It will take some time for ProRally to get comfortable with less hype and fewer dollars. So there is still plenty of opportunity for organizational conflict between Pro and Club. With any luck, Mike will be able to keep SCCA's attention properly focused on ClubRally and prevent it from being relegated to the back of the bus again.

Good luck Mike!

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmm...another elevatee to 'Powers-That-Be' status that has scarred knuckles and grease under his nails...since when did SCCA start appointing people who knew their exhaust manifold from a hole in the ground?

Notice to potential Club Rally rallymasters...if ya talk to him real nice, think there's a certain fire-breathin' Mustang available for 'official's transport' around the circuit?

Good luck, Mike..."blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall catch hell from both sides."

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Hurst

And to show you what a great job he is doing, there are 3 press releases on the SCCA site about 100AW and the CRNC. (Not just on the rally page, but the lead off for the entire site).

http://www.scca.org/

Atta boy, Mikey.

press on,

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
credit

I had no influence on the press releases. Those were the work of Curtis Kitchen, who was at the event. My accomplishments so far (1 week) as CRSM only include saying "yes, I'll do it".

I spent the weekend trying to reach the finish in one piece.

Anyone who doubts the strength of a Ford Mustang should have seen us hit the engine block sized rock that ripped apart the subframe on Dunn's Evo and knocked the motor out of Olson's 911.

Yes, it's still crap, but it's stronger crap than I thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.