Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uh, no, I didn't remember to keep a copy for myself (to type in here), but Linda says that it will be coming in the mail to license holders.

The big things to note are:

- Only 7 events, now both RdQ and RIC are gone
- PFR is now a week before RIC was supposed to be this year (Oct), not grouped with the other two western events

alan perry

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
6-8 February Rallye Perce Neige, Maniwaki, QC.

22-24 May Makita Canada Bighorn Rally, Edson, AB.

28-29 May Rocky Mountain Rally, Calgary, AB.

2-3 July Rallye Baie des Chaleurs, New Richmond, QC.

10-11 September Rallye Defi Ste-Agathe/Duhamel, Ste-Agathe, QC.

15-16 October Pacific Forest Rally, Merritt,BC.

19-20 November Rally of the Tall Pines, Bancroft, ON

·
Registered
665 Posts
>Now we just need to know what the train situation is going
>to be like eh.

Yes, and if my van & trailer'll fit this time around. :)

Robin

·
Registered
803 Posts
when I was doing the cdn cship on my own the best was to put the van and car on the train (this was not a Subaru train because I was going the wrong way), then rent a u-haul trailer, or drive the car from the train and only get the trailer if you really needed it after the fact i.e. borrow someones at the rally and then rent one to tow from rally DNF to train station.

p.s. I currently am looking into getting some trailers built that will fit into standard shipping containers... is anyone interested in this ? if so pls. email me [email protected]

·
Registered
665 Posts
I believe that last year they were restricted to a certain type of freight car due to the conflict overseas or something. I didn't expect my trailer to fit, but when my E350 window van wouldn't fit the straw broke the camel's back.

Robin

·
Registered
280 Posts
So....No Charlevoix for 2004....also ? what going on ???
any news ?

PS....we can drive your car and service truck to Bighorn and rocky....last year we did it for Antoine L'Estage....we can do it this year to...keep that option in mind. we just ask you to take car of the gaz...

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
339 Posts
Interesting to me that it's really a much more balanced championship geographically.

3 Quebec
2 Alberta
1 BC
1 Ontario

Western Teams have the Baie' tow and Eastern teams have the Pacific tow.

I don't have a current CARS rulebook around....with 7 events do your best 5 count for the championship?

Brian

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>I don't have a current CARS rulebook around....with 7 events
>do your best 5 count for the championship?

Rulebook says number of events less 2 (XIV.A.4), so yes.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What was wrong with the three western events being together? Several of us just left our gear out there. I think that PFR is going to have a small eastern entry this way.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
803 Posts
hehe well how many western competitors find it necessary to go to baie ? I'm telling you - Vancouver->Baie is REALLY DARN FAR. At least for most it is Mtl -> Merrit (which is like 12 hours less).

By putting PFR near the end of the season it should help stimulate entries for class fights, but discourage for those 'not in it'.

Dont forget the Western regionals are now getting more entries than the Ontario regionals.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
>
>What was wrong with the three western events being together?
>Several of us just left our gear out there. I think that PFR
>is going to have a small eastern entry this way.
>
>ACP
>Flirting with the laws of physics.

That IS the big question ..... apparently the difference was something like '3 in a row is way to hard and costly to do'.

Personally, I thought it made good sense as it was only one tow across the country.

I know we lost regional entries at Rocky because of 3 events so close.

I guess we'll see this year. Who's doing what?

Shawn Bishop

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Yah, but we still have Eastern teams being eligabe for the championships (must enter AND start 50% of the events) while not NEEDING to travel across the country. At least now they have a choice of picking up TWO nationals in a week by towing (training) out to bighorn/Rocky or picking up ONE national by towing out to Baie ...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think for the first time a lot of eastern competitors are finally getting a true feeling and understanding for what the west has endured for years. It really sucks, doesn't it?

If only Northern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan weren't in the middle..........anybody got a really big chainsaw?? (Just kidding)

I'm looking to run the first 2 nationals out here, and if things go well, then I might just look at scraping some money together and going out east to do those 2 eastern events. Any chance you guys could put Baie and Defi on back-to-back weekends to make it more accessible to all the western competitors? You know, you could really fill up your entry lists if you get enough competitors to come out from the west!!!! Hee hee, I'm loving it, I just had to put that in!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
>I think for the first time a lot of eastern competitors are
>finally getting a true feeling and understanding for what
>the west has endured for years. It really sucks, doesn't it?

No not one bit....

i really enjoyed our trip last year...and hope we can do it again..

We would go for PFR in sumer time..... but i dont think our scedule will alow us in october....(copilot is in scool and i have trade show in october) but that our problem....

i just find it suck to not have charlevoix...WTF is going on ?

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Well, it's like 15h from Toronto to Baie and 40h each way and 10 days to go on the Alberta loop. And I'm afraid the equity argument still doesn't quite convince me: would you rather we drop the 50% rule or find another event in the west to include in the championship? Lord knows there's room. I'd support either initiative.

I'm a westerner. I was raised to hate Trudeau and the NEP. I want to take Cascadia out of the confederation. But I count 8 serious WRXs, 4 big Evos, a ferocious Elantra, and any number of leading class competitors in the East. nothing against the western competitors - I'm one of the biggest fans of Komorowski, Olsen, Wilson, Manley, Trinder, etc. But you have to admit there's less of us out there in the West. On an overall social good argument - the same argument that is behind, say, the NEP and transfer payments - it doesn't make sense to have a balanced series. There are more competitors in the East, and so to minimize cost to competitors overall, it makes sense to have the bulk of the rallies in the east.

The same argument justifies having the train be free to easterners only, but I think that on an affirmative action argument you could argue the exact opposite. Make the train free for the westerners only (be prepared to face the western organizers on this one). Or make it free both ways (if you can convince the kind people who organize the train).

Right. Back to theororizing about things I get paid to theororize about...

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts