Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make the week surrounding NEFR a family vacation. I have access to a 28ft camper, and want to find a campground that has swimming and other activities that are kidlet friendly. If my son is happy, my wife is happy. If my wife is happy, then she lets me be happy.
I'm planning to either volunteer to work the event, or there is an outside chance I may hop in the silly seat for someone if they are desperate. Within in a hour of rally hq would be good. What do you all recommend?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've camped in a bunch of places around there the last couple of years. Mostly remote sites by kayak, though, so I don't see much of the campgrounds.

There is a spot along the Androscoggin: http://www.betheloutdooradventure.com/
There is tubing or boating on the river. Not sure if the campground itself had much to offer.

Umbagog isn't bad, if I recall...that one was 2 years ago.

Lake Francis Sate park is really nice, I've stayed there about 4 years running. It's a bit far to rally HQ, though.

Tim.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
What bugged me about Bethel Outdoor Adventure Center was the mosquitos. If there is something not on the river, maybe you luck will be better w/ them.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Yeah, but Bethel Outdoor Center campground is in prime breeding ground (tall grass beside stagnant and slow moving water). The campground is close to Sunday River and has activities for the family if you can get over being under constant attack. Twas a feeding frenzy in the shower. Unsure if there are any campgrounds on higher ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts